Analytics: Real Time Error Reports and Client Metrics (Crash Rates, Frame Rates, and Memory Usage)

@friedrich1717, just wanted to confirm that you saw this^^

Do you have more than 1 place under your game?

There should be a dropdown here:

I can confirm that there is actually an issue. I have games with multiple places that are not displaying the dropdown.

Previously the dropdown would display but would be stuck indefinitely loading. I let the team know so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Yes. As EDM said, we have identified some issue on our side for the place loader and we will fix it soon.

3 Likes

Can we soon expect that all developers within a game will be able to use this, and not just the owner?

1 Like

This feature is not only for the owner. If you are in the group and you have the view analytics feature, you are able to access it. Check this post we had in 2022.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t know that the role had to have permission to do this!

1 Like

Sadly, It doesn’t work for team create, only the owner of the game can see the Analytics.

2 Likes

This is an amazing update. I have found and fixed many client-sided bugs that I didn’t know were happening and my game is more reliable now. The only issue that I am having is that 95% of all of the errors that are shown are errors from Roblox’s scripts that I cannot do anything about, and it makes it difficult to find the scripts that I wrote. Will there be an option in the future to hide Roblox errors and only show game script errors?

1 Like

Anyone with analytics permission access to a group-owned game should be able to see this page.

1 Like

Hi
Another suggestion: a way for us to set it to a custom time <1h ago.
Usecase: monitoring errors right after a new patch without having errors of the previous patch interfering.

A more automatic and clean way for this specific usecase would be ‘errors since v1234’. This would show all errors for that version.

But either way would be fine for me.

1 Like

Such a good addition. Was easily able to identify and squash some pretty disruptive bugs with a recent launch of mine. As you can see, quickly flattened out the errors. The versions is a fantastic touch.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me but I’ve seemingly been getting errors for other games?

I definitely don’t have any of those scripts in my game.

I don’t have adonis admin either. It’s also very confusing that it’s happening in such large quantities.

3 Likes

It’s client exploit scripts that are spamming the output.

1 Like

Makes sense, it’s probably to disguise the exploit.

But why would 56 people be exploiting?

That should not be 56 people. It is 56 errors but it might be due to one script running multiple times and each time it generates 1 warning and we aggregate it.

1 Like

This is a bug we had previously but now it should be fixed and you should always have place filter now.

Looks like error reporting has been updated to select places in game now - thank you so much… this is an amazing update!

Am I the only who gets errors on lines that don’t contain anything relating to the errors? Sometimes the line is blank or has some code that couldn’t produce that error (ex: index error on print statement). It happens even when i don’t update the scripts.

Seems this error could be grouped in 1 line. BTW, so much for terrain grass having “absolutely none” performance impact :frowning: