Analytics: Real Time Error Reports and Client Metrics (Crash Rates, Frame Rates, and Memory Usage)

This update has been very helpful, and has reduced our error count by a LOT!

There’s a few issues we’ve had, such as some errors transferring from other games (weird!), and a lot of unpreventable errors/warnings coming from Roblox’s side. Pretty awesome stuff!

1 Like

Hi Hoofer:
Could you give me some examples on what are the errors you get transferred from other experiences?
And also what is your experience link? So we could take a look at all the errors/warnings in detail. Thanks!

2 Likes

I love this feature and it’s a long time ask. One improvement would be if it could tell us what the client crash was. It just has client crash rate but no info of what crashed the client.

2 Likes

Very very cool! You promised and delivered here.

What I would like to see is a way to benchmark myself against other games. I want to be able to answer questions like: Is the game performance holding it back? What is the performance of these top games? Is my P1/P50/P99 fps good or bad?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What means this error

1 Like

Here is a link to my experience:

Here is a few screenshots of some misc. errors that are definitely /not/ ours; notably, kick messages!

2 Likes

Thanks for the details.
Some of the errors are from core scripts in Roblox and they might not be related to your code. We are working with our internal team to see how we can improve it.
Server Kick means the teleport to another experience is not available. Since the destination experience is not successfully connected by player, the error gets added to the source experience, which is yours.
For now we suggest you ignore them. We are trying to see how we can improve to make these errors more meaningful.

6 Likes

Just remove the errors/warnings? it’s not that hard.

Well at least you can fix Adonis’s loader to prevent it from spitting out warnings, so it doesn’t cause that error.

I suggest an option to display player user IDs (preferably with a comma separator), so that we can ban exploiters when their 2017 exploits have errors.

From what I understand, pressing the home button “crashes” Roblox on certain circumstances. This is because Roblox is closed automatically to save RAM. Or they ran out of battery.

It is equally important to be able to access some of the users’ names in case there is a very rare error that only occurs on very specific devices. You can contact those users that have the issue and potentially resolve it.

Someone deleted their dll file and tried to teleport to another place in your game (guess).

These are foreign messages that do not come from the experience. The majority of these occurrences’ games do not contain these kick message strings.

My speculation is that the error is caused by returning back to the Roblox home within an app, and for some reason still registering the original experience as the telementry destination.

1 Like

I understand this but sometimes just simply removing some warnings/errors may not be entirely enough. This does not just apply to random admin systems that have a lot of debug messages in the console but also some other developer systems that may or may not require said systems to output X and Y into the console frequently. Would have to say that blacklisting errors/warnings may not be the right approach but rather perhaps being able to organize them?

1 Like

Great! This update would be useful for tracking errors in the future, so thanks!

1 Like

Hi
Just noticed there doesn’t seem to be client crash statistics for console?
Is that planned or a glitch?

1 Like

Yeah, it would be nice now that I realize. I do know you can comment out some of the warn lines in Adonis loader.

Xbox is too good to crash. Maybe they just cannot detect whether it crashes or not.

3 Likes

Well for our game, console seems to crash the most going from user reports.
So a metric would be very useful.

2 Likes

This has already proven itself to be quite useful, thank you!

It would be great if you could filter error reports per place to narrow down place specific errors instead of having them show up for all places under that experience.

Edit: I see that in the original post sorting by place is possible, but I’m not able to do that myself. Is that a feature that hasn’t been pushed out to everyone?

You should see a place filter in the top right of the error report next to search by keyword.

I’m not seen an place filter only sort and search for keywords

1 Like

Hey Signal, this filter has been completely gone for me for the last few days. I can send more details in the server.

It’s planned, we noticed a last minute bug in the data

1 Like

It looks like this for me

@friedrich1717, just wanted to confirm that you saw this^^