Analytics: Real Time Error Reports and Client Metrics (Crash Rates, Frame Rates, and Memory Usage)

Will there also be an improved system like this for server sided memory and crashing rates? Our servers crashes often and we’d like to know what exactly is causing the increasing memory usage overtime.

13 Likes

They have said this won’t be happening for data on the performance tab, which makes sense as there is a lot of datapoints.

13 Likes

What did they do to get 3m errors in a day?? Literally H O W

12 Likes

What‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
Wish this wasn’t inspect element

13 Likes

This is a great update! I am happy to finally be able to see client errors, as it was difficult to see what errors were happening to other users when I couldn’t recreate the issue. Also, this is the most common error on my game:

Is there a way that I could lessen this? It seems like a lot of people are having trouble downloading assets that are in the game, and the assets don’t attempt to reload.

13 Likes

This is awesome, thank you for this feature

10 Likes

You can’t view these errors unless your the owner of the game. That’s pretty bad for team create, no? I thought you guys loved team create?
(edit: If you’re a developer in a group, the role needs permission to view these details.)

14 Likes

How can the errors go back 30 days when this update released today I thought? Or was this data harvested behind the scenes and only now made available with this update.

12 Likes

holy shit, this feature is long overdue, I think we will use this every day in the future, just like we brush our teeth every day, roblox just gave me a toothbrush now. :smile:

12 Likes

Easily the best update of 2023, along with the rest of the analytics improvements!!

This is the stuff devs want :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Not much to say, great additions overall. However some requests I have would be the ability to utilize a custom time frame rather than some preset times. Also perhaps add the ability to blacklist some errors/warnings from showing up (some sort of script blacklist?). Just because a lot places currently spam admin debug warnings in the console and pretty sure most people would want them blacklisted (me included).

9 Likes

This is amazing. The improvements to the creator dashboard are not going unnoticed. Thanks for all your hard work team.

I have already found something I never would have found if not for this feature, due to not owning VR.

I remove “rouge guis” due to an exploit my game was receiving a few years ago, and just got in the habit of it. I have an array of names to allow, but would have never known about “VRBlurScreen”

15 Likes

I was bummed out about this too. As a developer for team based studios it would be nice for group owners to assign specific permissions for reviewing analytics and stuff of that nature.

8 Likes

I’m genuinely not sure if Roblox is able to do anything about this issue. Roblox could separate local and server issues, though I’m not sure how they would go about someone imitating the server (exploiters with server access, etc).

(P.S. using Roblox’s A.I., which is a provided feature, I’ve noticed that it can cause errors with some maps provided)

(I had nothing to do with that…)

7 Likes

Great feature and is a massive help since the disabling of Playfab.

Will this be built upon to allow a custom catagory other than Error and Warnings? could be useful for developers to track other events easier, I understand it’s not a complete loggin system but it appears to be the start of one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

5 Likes

Loving this update and the direction analytics are moving!

I’m curious, what defines a ‘crash’ on this dashboard? My crash rates for PC vs. mobile devices weren’t what I was expecting and I’m curious about what could be leading to this, as my memory usage percentage numbers are indicating that PC uses less total memory than mobile devices tend to.

5 Likes

I love this! So useful.
For the next iteration, I’d love to see improvements to sorting and filtering:

• Click a header to sort by that header, click again to change ascending/descending
  • Exclusionary search/filter (e.g. exclude all items containing text, instead of right now you can only include all items containing text) (REGEX MATCH IN SEARCH WOULD BE AWESOOOOOME!!)
  • Filters for only viewing server errors, only client errors, or both
6 Likes

But whats just stopping exploiters from executing this script:

while true do
    error("This is a fake error!")
    task.wait()
end

And flooding the error log?

8 Likes

I’m testing my game in studio and there’s no errors but when others play my game there’s errors all the time, this will be helpful!

6 Likes

OH. That’s true. Forgot about that

6 Likes