Anchoring Network Ownership Parts

Hello!

For a script that I am making, I need to make an anchored part controllable by the client player. However, the dilemma is that Network Ownership does not allow a client to own an anchored part.

I have attempted to fake anchored by using a BodyGyro and a BodyPosition on the client but it does not withstand other players touching the part.

I would use RemoteEvents but I need to update the position regularly and if I understand correctly, RemoteEvents have rate limits.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

When you move around an unanchored part with your character and the part moves, the part movement replicates because network ownership is transferred over to the client. But when a part is anchored/welded physics aren’t simulated on it so it can’t move so there is no point in making the client the network owner.

Are you sure you need this?

I am essentially making a non-humanoid character that flies. It needs to be able to be controlled by the player through user input and using RemoteEvents for this purpose is impractical.

I just had a thought.

I do not care in this scenario if collisions are enabled so I could disable collisions and other players would be unable to move the parts on their screen by standing on them.

I will test this idea out later. I still need good settings for making BodyGyros and BodyPositions seem instant though.

If anyone is curious, I found a solution that works for me. I just added a BodyVelocity and set BodyVelocity.Velocity to 0, 0, 0 and set BodyVelocity.MaxForce to math.huge, math.huge, math.huge. I did something similar with a BodyGyro. Allow my character to move I created a custom character movement script that updated the BodyVelocity.Velocity as needed.

2 Likes