< and > keys not moving camera

Why are they just letting it go? It was really useful for some movement games, especially when aligning myself :l (Setting to toggle it when?)

5 Likes

never I imagine, it’s been taken out for good by the looks of it

2 Likes

It’s used for fast turning (like 90*) or during war group trainings, etc.
When they do faces.

I used it quite a lot.

7 Likes

I’ve been creating a game recently where users can build their own obbies, and using these keys was a big part of a lot of players’ movement when making or traversing obbies.

I hope Roblox can consider reverting this change. Until about a month ago I didn’t know these keys even had functionality (and I’ve been on the platform for 7 years!) but since meeting some of these players, I’ve realised that they are used quite frequently within these groups.

9 Likes

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I’ve been using an old version of the camera script which I edited a little to allow the < and > movement keys. I use it in my newest game Obby Creator.

It should be placed in StarterPlayerScripts shown below:

Check out the model:

https://www.roblox.com/library/4901935887/Camera-with

22 Likes

Thanks for that, a lot of games are really reliant for it on certain obstacles (e.g Wall-hopping and Tightropes), so you providing us with the link for it is really helpful for developers of “hard-core” obbies.

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll be sure to use this in my game, as wallhopping and skinny tightropes are very big in it. Could I put it in ServerScriptService? @mario118118

Edit: i got it to work

2 Likes

Ever since the < and > shortcuts were removed, harder obbies will become more harder for players.

3 Likes

That’s true, but it creates more of an emphasis on skill. A lot of techniques in hard obbies usually rely on the < and > camera keys, but you can still perform them without them. Notable examples like tightropes and wallhopping can easily be done if you know how to do it properly. Tightropes can be done by zooming into your camera into the first-person and hovering your cursor over the rope and moving along it. Wallhopping can also be done by flicking your mouse.

I guess re-implementing the < and > keys is a bit redundant, and I guess the reasoning behind it was that it was only used by one crowd of Roblox and nobody else, so they saw no reason of keeping it in. I guess using @mario118118 scripts are going to be the only solution.

3 Likes

I’ve created my own code to recreate the camera alignment keys which does not require forking the camera like this. Check it out here: Camera Alignment Keys WITHOUT Forking PlayerModule

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.