Animate Tools on viewmodel

My issue is the same as this, but the guy’s solution to his own problem was NOT descriptive enough and now I have wasted countless hours, learning nothing, I have barely even learned from my failures. I followed the tutorial, so the problem is literally the exact same. All I’m looking for is for someone who can better comprehend the Edit on the linked post to put into a more descriptive format for me, please.

If I’m understanding correctly:

The gun is connected to the players head via a Motor6D. This is to keep the gun positioned correctly and follow where the player is looking. (More info on that here, since I am reasonably confident this is the tutorial he is following).

This means that the gun is not actually connected to the player’s hand, which is why it doesn’t move with the hand during the reload animation.

In order to make it move with the hand, he would have to include the gun as part of the rig when he was creating the animation, and animate the gun’s joint that is connected to the head to match the movement of the arms.

I can try to be more specific if this was still too complex, but

Hope this helps

1 Like

You have understood correctly, for this is the code that creates the joint to the tool…

local joint = Instance.new("Motor6D")
joint.C0 = CFrame.new(1, -1.5, -2)
joint.Part0 = viewModel.Head
joint.Part1 = weapon.Main
joint.Name = self.Model.Name
joint.Parent = viewModel.Head

But I have tried your resolution as shown here…

And there are two issues: Animating the tool becomes a pain because it does not follow the movement of the RightHand, and this…
In studio>
AnimationStudio
In game> (I tried to show shadows so you can see)
AnimationGame5
Its wack, So I would Make the joint on the right hand, but that messes up all the scripts that the tutorial provided.

Edit: Maybe I am still just rigging it wrong?

Unsure about this but I can guess you flipped the arm to upsidedown

It does appear that the card is moving in the opposite direction. I will try to solve that, now that I know this. Could you give me any tips on making it easier to animate though since>

Sorry for necrobumping this thread but is there any solution?