Animate your Avatar with your movement

But why tongues?
Why would you even animate tongues?!??!
The only place I would see that being useful is for animals that have big tongues, like dogs
But for humans it’s just useless

3 Likes

Equip the animated man face. Go in a game. Open your mouth. You will see there is a tongue.

Why wouldn’t you add animations for it if it’s already added to the faces?

2 Likes

Don’t change subject, you didn’t answer my question:
What would be the use of it

There is no ‘use’ of animated faces or VC, there is no ‘use’ of avatars anyway. They’re cosmetics. Roblox would function the exact same if we were all faceless grey blocks.

Again, I never argued that animated faces even had a use.

1 Like

But you want to animate tongues, stop trying to get around my question, and instead answer it, when, in videogame history has tongue animations been useful

Are you even reading my replies? I just said they have no use. I didn’t get around your question, I answered it explicitly.

Because you obviously aren’t remembering or reading what I am saying, here is a timeline of our replies put together:

• I say: This is surprisingly well thought out for a roblox feature, here are some helpful suggestions to make this better
  • Your reply to this states: What is the use of this feature? This doesn’t help communication.
  • I reply to that, saying: I didn’t say it helped, just gave suggestions on making it better.
  • You say: Why would you animate tongues? It’s useless for humans.
  • I then explain to you that the animated faces already have tongues, so why not animate them or remove them (I will admit, although I was not trying to, this may have seemed like I was deflecting)
  • You tell me to not change subject
  • I reply to you saying that no cosmetic features really do have a use, and that I didn’t say they did
  • You tell me I am deflecting

How am I deflecting? I answered your question about 3 times, but you refuse the answer because you do not want to accept it as the truth or agree to disagree.

3 Likes

Since that’s the case, TopbarPlus already did something for the BETA Button, Roblox should replace the BETA Button to a dropdown which offers such options and it’s better if it’s not modal (will not collapse if click outside the dropdown), this might work without affecting other third party system such as TopbarPlus.

Concept:

Dropdown Collapsed:

Dropdown Expanded:

(The “X” is there because the dropdown will not collapse even if you click outside. This will be useful for quick change of input settings)

12 Likes

That did not answer my question, you simply said that you have a suggestion, not said the use

This answered the motif of why you would do such a thing, but not tell a use for it

Okay, I might’ve misunderstood what you said here, you said that animating tongues doesn’t really have a use, but because they’re there you would animate them

But why animate something that doesn’t have a use?

1 Like

Are you actually illiterate? Can you read? I have said FOUR TIMES. FOUR TIMES. That there is no use.

You obviously know I’m saying it doesn’t have a use. So why don’t you understand that that is the answer to your question. It does not have a use. Therefore, that is the answer to the question “What use does this have?” None. it has no use.

Please. For the love of god. And for mine and your sanity. Realize that I have answered your question four times.

Edit
I am not replying anymore, this is increasing my blood pressure

1 Like

Okay but, why suggest it if it has no use?
It’s just like suggesting to make a boat in a world where there’s no water

What do you mean when you refer to “all developers”, anyone who’s ever opened Studio? anyone who’s ever visited DevForum? Anyone who’s ever devexes? I meet (some, i.e. early wave of dev forum “new user” back when they were called that, but never DevEx’ed) definition of Developer and yet I dont have the option

4 Likes

Why? This is a bad idea. The UI concept is great and clean, but I’ve got a feeling it will break backwards compatibility significantly.

Instead, Roblox should allow us to add/change hotkeys for toggling these settings. I still wonder to this day why the three dots exist on the top right of the screen.

The three dots are for mobile players, there’s also hot keys for inventory

2 Likes

They already introduced the “beta” tag in that exact spot, so this wouldn’t be anything new.

3 Likes

Then the three dots should be converted into phone gestures, like swiping up on the hotbar, or swiping left from the side of the screen. Effectively, that button could be split into three instead of being less accessible instead.

The beta tag has a different size than a standard Roblox toolbar item. This might break specific UI that works around it if detected. This is why I wish they had not removed the top bar.

3 Likes

That would only be less useful, I don’t think anybody would find it useful, it would just open it in less wanted moments

I must agree on this

3 Likes

Changing a double tap to a swipe is better in my opion, but single tap is also good. That’s why Android got the gesture navigation feature in 2020.

1 Like

Hey all, I am unable to use this feature on my desktop. When I activate my camera, my avatar does not respond to my head movement. Instead it falls back to the idle animation.

4 Likes

It is contained on a square frame just like the other topbar item.

3 Likes

That does not change the visual appearance of it looking like a rectangle. Many health bars, in games with a CCU of over 100, noticed the beta tag does not disrupt the view, so they decided to leave it.

1 Like