Animated image appears blurry. How can I fix it?

I am making a game where players can morph into anything they like, as long as it doesn’t violate Roblox’s rules of course, and I’m adding a feature where players can change into animated characters. When I try to use the feature, it works as intended, however the image appears blurry.

For an example, I used an image of Peppino Spaghetti, from popular Steam game Pizza Tower.

The only URL I found that works is rbxassetid:// but players can use an in-game image library to find images without leaving the game. It uses an API url which provides different asset IDs, which only work with the rbxthumb:// asset url. Trying to use the IDs with the rbxassetid:// url does not work.

With everything out of the way, is there another URL I can use for a non-blurry ish image?

P.S. I can’t properly write sentences sometimes, so I hope you guys can understand the above.

2 Likes

have you tried changing Resample Mode of Image to Pixelated instead of Default one?

not sure if this was really issue for it

I switched the resample mode to Pixelated but it somewhat feels more blurry. Thanks for the trying to help though!

1 Like

hi! :wave:
the problem with quality of your image should be in compression (small size of the image = low quality)

also, it appears that you’re using SurfaceGUI object to display image in 3D space

changing the PixelsPerStud of your SurfaceGUI should fix bad quality of your image

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for trying to help. I set the PixelsPerStud to its max value, however, this unfortunately didn’t solve my problem. Is there a recommended PixelsPerStud value I should set?