Animating Background GUI

Hello guys, does anyone have any idea how I can make a background animation, this is what I am trying to make.

The background where the circles expand from the middle, how could I do that?

3 Likes

i think you could to something like that with particles flying in every direction or just union rings expanding on an orange background

1 Like

It’s a gui bro, I need it to be a gui

2 Likes

Maybe expanding a image gui set to the tile mode?

Or… You can use what @Dyzody said and tween unions in a viewportframe

1 Like

I am going to make a circle with a hole as a decal, then expand it and change it’s colour slowly with tween. I will give you guys the result when done!

1 Like

Honestly, get a circle UI, slowly tween it to get bigger, and once it reaches max size maybe tween it back to its original size?

All I can think of with particles flying everywhere is when you’re in the menu, have the UI overlaying a camera that you manipulate to show a controlled particle environment, but you’d be able to tell it’s a 3D room that you’re looking at.

1 Like

It will take time, but you could make frames of the circles moving, and then script it so every 0.5 seconds or so, it changes the Image to the next Frame. You could also make a loop with it.

I’ve started playing Fall Guys recently, and I really like it, so I’d love to play it on Roblox aswell. Whenever it’s finished and released, please send me the link to it if possible. Have a good day! :happy3:

1 Like

To do something like this, you’d need to have a Image change frames every second or so to do what you’re looking for. This would be done in a local script, but basically; you’d create the background, make it move as a gif; then break the gif down and upload those images to Roblox and change each frame as needed.

You could also do what @TMChr1s recommended as well.

Either:
Use GIF’s
OR
Use Tween Service

How to make GIF?
Well…
Use ImageRectOffset as well as Gif Into Sprite Sheet so that it can be played.

How to use tween?
TweenService and GuiObject:Tween

1 Like

That’s really useless and laggy for no reason, I will just be using TweenService, I will duplicate a circle in the middle which slowly expands then disappears when it goes out of the frame, no need to update the whole frame…