Animating with HumanoidDescription breaks the AnimationEditor and the rig (incl. repro)

There’s two bugs, both are included in same repro file.
The issue seems to happen when animating a model that has a HumanoidDescription applied to it.

First bug: Keyframes disappearing
When animating (using IK enabled) the animation plugin will delete the arm keyframes the second you start working on another frame.
Here’s what it looks like:
bfb49587a41fda1408baadcfadfb8d09

As you can see, as soon as I move the torso the arm keyframes disappear.

Second bug: Broken legs
When you exit animation plugin, save the file, reopen. Then you’re greeted with a broken character model.

Repro file (for both bugs): Repro.rbxl (30.7 KB)
Follow the README instructions in workspace.

Both these bugs makes it impossible for me to make any sort of progress on animations for my game. I’d be really grateful it they were fixed!

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Me and a fellow team member have experienced both of these issues also
repo2.rbxl (115.9 KB)

The first issue is unfixable, and for some reason certain updates fix it, then other updates break it again.

The second issue can be fixed by uploading the animations to another rig. Shouldn’t be an issue in the first place but at least there is a solution.

1 Like

Been having the same issue for about 2 weeks now

First issue is what I believe to be luck where 99% of the time IK breaks and the 1% is when IK functions properly. When it does function correctly turning off the plugin or switching to a different rig also breaks the IK

Second issue is the same as @FantasyStudios

Reproduction fileTestTest.rbxl (50.8 KB)

1 Like

Could you add that I believe it has to do with the LeftHipRigAttachment orientation not saving properly?

It changes orientation when you save and load back up the game.
Sometimes it even happens for RightHipRigAttachment.