Animation appears underground when moving the lower torso

I used a very tall R15 rig to animate (same size as the StarterCharacter), and in the animator, the character’s feet just touch the ground, but in-game, the character’s feet are about 1 stud below ground.

This only happens if I move the LowerTorso downwards (crouching animation).
I tried moving the LowerTorso up 1 stud in the animator, so it floats in the air, but that pushed the in-game character about 0.5 studs above ground. I could move around the character in the animator until it looks right in-game, but I’m not sure if that’s the best option I have.

In the animator (tall rig):
Imgur
In the animator (standard rig):
Imgur
In-game (tall rig):
Imgur
Thanks for any help

1 Like

You… Shouldn’t have used a tall rig.

The (only) magic of R15 is that it scales. Animate on the standard rig, and it should scale perfectly for any other scale of rig. At least to my knowledge and experience it does.

I’m not entirely sure why animating something of the same scale as your StarterCharacter didn’t work out, but I can only guess it’s as I just said since I can’t debug it personally.

Try messing with the HipHeight of the Humanoid, maybe? I’m really not sure, you may just want to redo the animation with the Standard rig.

I tried adjusting the lower torso so it’s right with the standard rig, but that sets the character just a little bit above ground (like a tenth of a stud?). So I have to move it down 0.1 studs for it to look good in-game.

That just moved the whole character up or down, even in the default standing animation.

Animating in the standard rig is the closest I can get. Thanks tho