Animation being different on Server & Client

Hey guys, I’m having an issue where I’m playing an animation onto an animation controller via the server, however the server’s animation is broken, whereas it looks fine on the client, as seen in the following video:

(24s is relevant part)

Just for clarification i’m just doing:

AnimationController:LoadAnimation(Animation):Play();

on the server and for some reason it’s leading to weird issues on the server. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Try running the animationcontroller on client first.

I’m trying to run it on the server, so it replicates to all clients, which they do mention as valid on their docs:

“If the Animator is not a descendant of a player character, its animations must be loaded and started on the server to replicate.”
Although I could manually do it on every client, i would like to avoid that if possible

add a script with RunContext set to client inside of each of those machines when they are spawned and just do

local t = animator:LoadAnimation(theanimation)
t:Play()

I guarantee you that it’s going to replicate because it’s the same as all clients suddenly playing an animation on the machine and the RunContext is so that it can run in workspace.

NPC AI and stuff like has become much simpler thanks to RunContext, you can literally skip so many remote event calls.

I see thanks, the issue is however that the script also spawns parts (it is well timed with the animation) and therefore I’d need to split the script into multiple parts to get one of em running on the server, which just really increases the complexity a ton for something atleast from the docs should be possible just doing from the server

1 Like