Animation Bugged on different R15 Bodies

I made an idle animation for my sword, and it works perfectly fine on the standard R15 block rig:

But when I use a different R15 Character, for example the woman rig, the sword is crooked and looks to the left:

The sword grip is welded to the hand. I checked the C0 offsets and they are the same in both versions.

Is this really because some R15 Rigs interpret animations differently?

Is the only way to fix this to change the weld offset through code so the sword looks straight to the front?

1 Like

just make the animation compatible for other bodies by fixing the animation their is no problem with scripting.

1 Like

I can’t just make a new animation for every character rig that is out there, if thats what you mean

I tried putting the woman rig in the editor anyways and for some reason the animation looks perfectly fine in it, which makes things even weirder

once i launch the game its still bugged though

then can you send me the script? and tell me what priority you using?

Getting the animation (Priority is Action4):

Welding weapon on players back:

And finally what happens once player clicks mouse and draws their sword:

In-game:

“needleConn” welds (connecting the sword to the hand) are the same, except for position, which isn’t the cause though because that doesn’t explain why its crooked

you code looks alright to me no porblems there my idea to fix it is do a bit of illusion stuff try messing with a few numbers to rotate the sword and move it to your desirings players wont use a microscope to see every single detail now would they? use if statements and ids to see what r15 body they using.

1 Like

Yeah that could work, thanks

Still a bit annoyed at why this happens in the first place though lol, weird bug

yea and pretty sure your not the only one if you think my solution isnt that practical well hope someone else helps ya. The same glitch happens to me as well when I animate guess its just roblox being roblox.

1 Like