Animation Does Not Play Correctly In Game

So this has been happening for around 5-6 months now and I created a topic about it but I received no helpful feedback.

Whenever I animate in the studio, using the pre-installed Animation Editor, the animation plays completely wrong. I see that the biggest problem is with the position of the hands. I’m not sure what the problem is but, I’m thinking it may have something to do with the HRP, even though I never touched it and this is not a custom rig.

How I animated it in the editor:

How it plays in-game:

5 Likes

Is the AnimationPriority set to Action?

If it is, make sure you are moving the humanoidRootPart is moving with the character

3 Likes

It’s actually on Movement, but The HRP is moving with the character as well.

1 Like

Yeah that might be the problem. If it is set to action, it overrides every other animation. If the character has velocity, it would affect the animation if it was set to Movement

While Movement is what it’s currently set on, I have tried it on both and gotten the same problem.

1 Like

Okay. Well it could also be based on where the character is placed.

It looks like in the Animator that the character is not centered on the grid below it.

I’m not a huge Animator but I’m pretty sure that may be it.

1 Like

But why would that be the problem, shouldn’t you be able to move the character wherever you want in the animator?

1 Like

I’m not to sure. Im no good with animations. However, you can test this, if you position the entire rig someplace and move it to a different location in the animator, it will move to that location.

It seems like some of the animation is working. Since the rig is not centered, the character is actually pivoting around an invisible object.

Again, centering it might not be the fix. I’m not to good at this stuff

The only bad thing I see is a small bit of lag and the hands not being fully on the bar.

The lag is from the video, not the game. And yeah, that’s the problem, the hands are in a different place than I positioned them.

Thanks, I’ll let you know if that works.

Have you found a solution to this?

No, I haven’t, even today I’m having the same problem.

You’re right. The animation does matter where the character is placed. If you animated the character a bit above the ground, The animation will play a bit above the ground.

1 Like

The animated parts will move relative to the HRP. Don’t move the HRP.

Edit: Even though I say that, there is still a bit of an issue where some movement does occur when it should not. I’m dealing with a similar issue where in the editor my avatar’s feet do not move at all and yet in game when the animation is playing they are moving up and down slightly with the movement of the lower torso. Which should not be happening. Judging by the lack of responses from staff on animations I don’t think I’ll be getting my issue solved anytime soon. IMO there is likely a mistake being made between how the editor plugin moves parts and how the animation handler moves parts in the engine. My particular issue seems to indicate that the engine is moving the parts relative to one another and the plugin is moving them relative to the HRP, but I do not have enough information to make a valid determination.

2 Likes

still no solution? i think there is an offset when playing lower torso animations, maybe a different animation editor will work?

Animation Editor:

In Game:

ITS THE HIP HEIGHT
The Animation scaling/offset problem

2 Likes

Ah! Thank you for that. Yes, the problem was the rig was being offset because of the scaling of the character. But multiple times I would do absolutely nothing to the rig and yet still have the offsetting problem. It’s been a while since I’ve tried animating on a normal-sized rig so I’m not sure if that problem is still happening, but as of today, the offset is still happening with larger-scaled rigs. I get around it by manually offsetting the animation in the editor so that it will play correctly in-game, which can be quite tedious. I wish they could just fix it.

Also, I’m unsure of how to change the HipHeight on a LocalPlayer. Is that only an option for rigs? Because my game requires the actual players to be scaled a little bigger than normal.

I have tried using the Moon Animator but the problem persists.