Animation Doesn't Look The Same Between Editor And Game

** What are you attempting to achieve?**
I am trying to get my animations to look the same on both editor and on game
** What is the issue?**
The issue is the animations I make on the animator editor doesn’t look the same as in game.
In Animation Editor:

In Game:

What solutions have you tried so far?
I have tried to remaking the animation, and other weird things…

1 Like

Could you maybe post a video or a gif of how it behaves in the game? Kind of hard to tell what’s going on just looking at a picture.

Have you considered that it may be because of some visual effect or illusion? The animations are probably the same, but it may not look like that’s the case.

I’ve never had this problem until this morning. Many animations look very broken in game now.

In studio:

In game:

I think it’s a bug from this past studio update.

EDIT: This applies to all animations. Previously working animations are all now broken.

1 Like

I figured it out on my side - having the humanoidrootpart massless caused the issue.

I don’t think so, the animations look really different, and it seems like it doesn’t matter which animation it is, it will look really different from the animation made from the editor. I tested really old animations and created some new ones and they all had this problem.

I don’t think it is a bug in my case because when I try some really old animations or recently created animations, they look deformed.

It behaves like a normal animation, it just doesn’t look the same as in the animation editor.

Now I’m having an issue where MoveDirection is 0, 0, 0 no matter what. Is this happening to you?

No I don’t think it is, my issues are just animations, they don’t look like they are suppose to in-game. The become deformed and look very different from the actual animation from the editor.

Its likely something to do with the humanoidrootpart rotating instead of the torso. I tried animating an enemy a while ago and had a similar issue. Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for how to fix it

I figured it out, turns out it was the game place… I imported all my stuff to a different place and loaded the animation in the animation editor, it looks like how it looks in-game. So I had to remake the animation one last time, and it looks like how it is supposed look. I don’t know if that makes sense, but yea… It works now.

Wouldnt exactly call that a solution if you aren’t even sure why it worked, but im glad you were able to figure it out.

1 Like

I figured out it wasn’t the place that cause it, but the model I was using to animate. I might have touched the motor6D of it or had done something else that I dont remember.