Animation Editor Doesn't Work

If I select a rig using the Roblox animation editor, I can’t see any keyframes. I can move the limbs normally in animation, but I can’t see the keyframes. Not only that, I can’t select the head and the torso in the animation editor.
I tried this on a normal Roblox R6 Rig, and it still did not work. I imported the normal R6 Rig with Rig Builder and imported the block avatar, but this problem still is there.
Every Motor6D Is correctly there, and the humanoidrootpart is unanchored too. No errors in output.

18 Likes

I looked on the Roblox Studio Community Discord server and turns out other people are also having this problem, specifically with R6, and suspiciously just today. Maybe a Roblox update made this happen

12 Likes

Same here and tested on friend’s machine just to be sure, I was hoping that the update 6 hours ago would have patched this bug but apparently not. I guess the majority of devs use Moon animator 2 so they dont notice but that doesnt make it alright for Roblox to basically disable animation for r6. This needs a patch very soon.

8 Likes

Maybe I should repost this on bug reports since I’m pretty sure this is a bug, and bug reports usually get Roblox staff attention more so they can patch it
Edit: never mind I just figured out u need to apply to be in the bug reporting group to report a bug, just submitted a request to join

6 Likes

Same here especially on R6 humanoids. R15 is working for me.

4 Likes

Yeah R15 seems to be working fine. Very annoying for people that dont otherwise need moon animator.

3 Likes

Same here, it’s been broken for a few good hours already. Quite strange that only R6 is affected.

4 Likes

Same. I’m having issues with R6 specifically.

4 Likes

Same!! Im having this issue with my rig

1 Like

Click r6 rig → set primary part → humanoidrootpart

mark this as solution if it helps!

9 Likes

Thanks so much I didnt even consider this, so it turns out the roblox’s own code for rig creation has been unnecessarily changed to set the head of the rig to the primarypart, likely a bug. Still needs fixing for literally everyone that wouldnt expect to have to check rig attributes to fix roblox’s own rig builder.

2 Likes

This works , however Roblox should still fix this because newer creators that don’t know this will be left confused, and it is still a high inconvenience. I will probably put this bug into bug reports once I get the ability to post there. For now, I guess you just have to manually set it to humanoidrootpart.

I also remember before this bug happened, the R6 Animation Editor worked no matter what the primary part of the model was, even if it was the head, so…

Its not working for me, I believe i did the steps that were told in the solution. Video

In the video u jus show how u can’t select the torso but can you move the other limbs and will key frames appear

It should work, just add the limbs via the (+) to the left of the keyframes and try animating, they should show up.

ive tried that, doesnt seem to work.

Thought this was just me, thank you.

I had done this and still didn’t work. So now I don’t know what to do.

Yeah all I can say is it did fix it at the time when i tested it but now I tried it again and it doesn’t work, however 10 days ago roblox staff have acknowledged this issue and are apparently working on a fix, although they say that the r6 primarypart was always the head and this is only an issue with the animation editor for r6.