Animation editor help buttons open 404 errors

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When going to any of the help features in the animation plugin, such as File > Help or Edit > Edit Help, the context menu opens up a 404 error. I would expect it to go to an existing page that would explain in depth how to use the animation editor.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This happens 100% of the time.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

I do not know when this started occurring. However, it’s safe to assume this started happening after the wiki move.

(I posted this in #platform-feedback:documentation-requests because its a bug regarding documentation. Let me know if I should post otherwise.)

Bug with both animation editor and devhub. Animation editor should be using most recent link, and the devhub should be redirecting the old page to the new one, instead of throwing an error. The latter is probably the one that should be fixed if we had to pick one over the other, so Documentation Requests was the right pick.

2 Likes