Animation Editor issues

Hello. This is my first post here and it may be a little rough, apologies.
Recently I have tried to use the Roblox studio built in animation editor, but it is not working correctly.

My issue is that it mirrors movements I make to my rig for no apparent reason I can find. I’ve looked online and found a small amount of people with my issue, none of which had answers to help me.
When moving two selected parts at once (Let’s say the right and left arms on an R6 rig), primarily moving the right arm, it will “mirror” the movement on the left, so instead of normally following the right arm’s movement the left arm will move in an opposite direction. I will provide a video if my summary wasn’t understandable or detailed.

One thing I have noticed is that this issue does not occur on R15 rigs, only on R6 rigs.

https://streamable.com/bdk0iy

3 Likes

I’ve been having the exact same problem, I think it’s because they are rotating around their own “local” axis, instead of the part you last selected. I.e. if I was rotating two limbs along the X axis, they would each rotate along their own “local” X axis, Instead of just one part’s m6d axis. So they rotate individually instead of as one.

2 Likes

reckon you’re right, i have noticed that the limb you don’t have directly selected is only moving on one axis though

2 Likes

I’ve looked at some other post that I found, I think it may be an engine thing.

2 Likes

issue’s actually fixed now, so it was indeed a bug