Parts to not pivot correctly in Animation Editor (+ more)

There are several bug with the animation editor I’ve experienced recently. All of these issues take place within the Roblox Studio Animation Editor.

1. Parts do not pivot correctly in Animation Editor when several parts are selected at the same time. If several parts are selected, and the rotation tool is selected, the parts will rotate/pivot from the position of the FIRST part that was selected and not their own.

• This happens on custom character rigs and humanoid r15/r6 rigs 100% of the time.
  • This began to occur roughly between November 6th and December 15th or 2021.
  • Reproduction: Select a Motor6D rig and select several parts in the workspace or in the editor. Then select the rotation tool and rotate them using local space or world space.

2. If a part is selected on a rig from the WORKSPACE and not the animation editor part list, the part does not get selected/highlighted in the animation editor part list. (In this example, the Chest is selected in the workspace, but the Head is selected in the editor list because I had previously selected the Head from the list before clicking on the Chest in the workspace.)

• This happens on custom character rigs and humanoid r15/r6 rigs 100% of the time.
  • This also began to occur roughly between November 6th and December 15th of 2021.
  • Reproduction: Select any part in a Motor6D rig from clicking within the 3D space in the workspace. The selected part will not be selected within the animation editor.

3. Some parts of a custom rig cannot be selected within the workspace and must be selected within the drop-down menu of the Animation Editor. Hovering over parts that are far away from the root part of the rig does not show that the part can be interacted with or selected. (In this example, I am trying to hover over one of the farthest parts of the wing, but it does not let me select it, so I have to go to the drop-down menu to select the part)

• This happens only on custom character rigs with long appendages.
  • This was discovered in 2019. Here is a link to a previous bug report about it: Animation editor: issues with rig part selection and camera zooming - #6 by JollySunbro6
  • Reproduction: Select a Motor6D custom character rig that has moving parts with at least 2 motors. Select all of the parts of the character and change their Collision Fidelity to PreciseConvexDecomposition so that the parts are easier to select and their collisions do not overlap each other. Hover over the outermost parts of the rig like the end of a tail or a long neck. (In the specific place I’ve uploaded, load the “Sit” animation on the rig and try to hover over to select the head.)

4. KeyframeSequence instances disappear from “AnimSaves” at random when you select another animatable rig while already inside the animation editor for a rig. This caused me to loose a lot of work because it cannot be undone with the undo function.

• This happens on custom character rigs, but I could not find a way to repeat it reliably.
  • This was first discovered on February 3rd 2022
  • Reproduction: Select a Motor6D rig and open the animation editor and begin creating an animation. This automatically creates a model inside of the rig called “AnimSaves” and automatically creates a keyframe sequence called “Automatic Save”. Then, while in this window, select another rig inside of the workspace. This will open the window to animate the second rig that was selected, and may delete KeyframeSequence instances from the original rig that was selected.

Other minor issues:

• Selecting something from the dropdown menus within the animation editor like “Set Animation Priority”, “Easing Style” or "easing Direction does not show the check-mark anymore for what you selected. (First discovered February 3rd 2022)
  • You cannot paste anything on your clipboard into the text boxes in the “Asset Configuration” window that shows up after clicking “Publish to Roblox”. (First discovered 2019)
  • Putting a pre-existing Animation ID in the “Filter ID” text box inside of the Asset Configuration>Overwrite an existing asset window rarely finds the asset. (First discovered 2019)
5 Likes

Hello! Filed an internal ticket for the report.

4 Likes

This still needs fixed roblox :cry:

1 Like

Hey everyone -just wanted to circle back here, is this still an issue?

2 Likes

Yes, it happens to roblox default tool slash animation (priority is action) at least in my game
Lower hand behaves differently in animation and server
Although I’m not really sure if it’s my fault

1 Like

Yes, most of these are still an issue. Bugs 1,2, and 4 still happen to me regularly.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve reached out to the engineers, hang tight everyone.

2 Likes