It isn’t only this mesh, it’s happening to some different skinned meshes as well. New keyframes also aren’t visible but animation can be previewed. Keyframes also can’t get added with third party animation plugins.
Nothing I could find. I tried reinstalling Roblox Studio but it didn’t work. I can also confirm that with my specific file it has the same issue on other people as well.
A private message is associated with this bug report (one of the models I have the issue with)
Issue Area: UI Issue Type: Other Impact: High Frequency: Often
This issue has started yesterday (1 month ago right now since this post got approved today)
Thanks for your report. There was no animation attached to the model you sent, I’m not sure if that was intentional.
However, having a quick look at the model, I managed to add bones and keyframes after I deleted the HumanoidRootPart Part that was directly under the Headcrab model. Please let me know if this is an acceptable workaround for you.
We also would like to have a closer look at the import process, and see what went wrong there. Could you please send us the file you used to create the model in the first place?
Yes I see that when I delete the HumanoidRootPart this issue no longer happens. I first thought that it’s related with these old weld instances there however deleting the HumanoidRootPart, adding it again and then replacing the weld instances with WeldConstraints seem to be triggering the problem again. So whenever I add the HumanoidRootPart this issue begins again. I have a lot of characters with this same exact design and a lot of them have no problems.
I need the HumanoidRootPart in the character since I have a lot of scripts which depend on that.
I don’t have this model’s original file anymore but I have the rbxm file of another similar character which has exactly the same problems and this one also has saved anims. I also sent that with a private message in case if it’s more useful than the one I sent at first.
I don’t have its original .fbx file as well but I will try to find that.
We do not have a proper fix yet. However, after examining the models you sent us, we managed to fix the Armored Headcrab by adding a Motor6D as a child of the HumanoidRootPart with the following properties:
Part0: the HumanoidRootPart of the rig
Part1: the headcrab_classic meshpart
The same method did not, however, fix the Gonarch rig. We are still investigating how the fix above is related to the change introduced a month ago.
The fix above did work for the Gonarch model as well, but not on the saved animation. We had to reload the animation from the FBX file, and when asked whether we wanted to use the model information from the FBX file or the existing rig, we chose the FBX file.