Here is my procedure:
- Create a new model
- Create Head and Torso BasePart (BOTH ANCHORED), parent to the model
- Set model primarypart to the Torso
- Rig one Motor6D from Torso to the Head
- New Motor6D is parented to Torso
- Add a Humanoid to the model
- Try to access the animation editor for this model by clicking on the model
- I get a bug report that traces the exception to this:
16:16:47.352 - Plugin_-1.Project.AnimationEditor.Code.UtilityScripts.UtilityScriptDisplayArea:36: attempt to index local ‘display’ (a nil value)
And then the screen goes grey for the plugin and I can no longer access the animation editor FOR ANY OTHER RIGS for the studio session.
(If I try to access the editor after this bug, I get this exception on click:
Plugin_-1.Project.AnimationEditor.Code.GUIScripts.GUIScriptScrollZoomControl:25: attempt to index field ‘TargetWidget’ (a nil value))
The reason I believe this happens is if I have an anchored part inside the animation model. It rejects the anchored part and crashes the client.