Animation Editor selection bug

• Detailed description of bug:
    – The animation editor no longer goes into a disabled state when you select an item in the Explorer. This results in several bugs when something is selected both inside the Animation Editor and in the workspace:
    – Having both a keyframe and a part selected will replace all of the animation editor hotkeys with the explorer hotkeys.
    – Pressing Delete while the Animation Editor is not currently focused will delete the part in the workspace, and this cannot be undone because the Animation Editor takes over ChangeHistoryService. If you haven’t saved, it is impossible to recover from this.
    – Pressing Delete while the Animation Editor is focused will not delete the keyframe until you deselect the part.

• When it started happening:
    – I noticed this bug today.

• Screenshots and videos of the bug:

• Steps to reproduce the issue (be minimal, specific, consistent!):

1. Create a rig and open the Animation Editor
  2. Create a keyframe in the Animation Editor and select it.
  3. Select any part in the workspace using the Explorer widget.
    Note that the Animation Editor does not show the “Click to continue using the Animation Editor” dialog, but instead allows this undefined behavior to take place.

In order to fix this, all that would need to be done is to roll back whatever change removed the “Click to continue using the Animation Editor” dialog.

5 Likes

It looks like the “Click to continue using the Animation Editor” dialog still exists and appears when another plugin is selected, but it no longer activates when something is selected in the workspace, which is what is causing this bug.

1 Like

This was an intentional change with the goal of improving the animation workflow and keep the ACE active while we are selecting different body parts to animate. The hotkey and delete issues reported are bugs in this new workflow and we are working on a fix to be released as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I’m glad the bugs are known and are being addressed. Thanks!

It doesn’t make sense to me that the editor should stay active if you have some random part in the workspace selected, though. It does make sense to be able to select different parts in the rig in the explorer, but not random parts or instances that aren’t even part of any rig.

2 Likes