Animation Editor Timeline Values (Screenshot)

This happens a lot. If you open/close Animation Editor too many times, you get several lines in the output of ‘not found’ and the timeline values become much more specific decimals and the keyframe slider moves smoothly, which makes it next to impossible to edit your old keyframes. This is one of the many bugs that Animation Editor has and it would be such a better tool if they were fixed.

Screenshot of the bug occurring:

1 Like

I get this too,it is horribly annoying. I can also reproduce it by uploading an animation, then importing that into the editor and changing the total length of the animation.

1 Like

read
http://developer.roblox.com/forum/studio-bug-reports/12134-animation-editor-timeline-values-screenshot#131305

1 Like

[quote] Yeah, I feel the Animation Editor was half-assed and not implemented too greatly.

Has way too many bugs and issues, and I’m sad that nobody has made a replacement yet. :frowning: [/quote]

I think “half-assed” is REALLY harsh. CodeWriter did a great job – I think it’s us for not providin good feedback. How should we expect him to test every case?

1 Like

[quote] Yeah, I feel the Animation Editor was half-assed and not implemented too greatly.

Has way too many bugs and issues, and I’m sad that nobody has made a replacement yet. :frowning: [/quote]

I think “half-assed” is REALLY harsh. CodeWriter did a great job – I think it’s us for not providin good feedback. How should we expect him to test every case?[/quote]

I have to go on play solo to make it work and if I don’t the entire plugin freezes when I play or upload and I lose all my work
At least it’s functional ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I’d rather a slightly buggy editor than no animations at all

I think “half-assed” is REALLY harsh. CodeWriter did a great job – I think it’s us for not providin good feedback. How should we expect him to test every case?[/quote]I didn’t want to put it that way and I apologise for the tone, and I do appreciate the work he’s put into it.

Nothing personal against CodeWriter, I am sorry if it came across harsh. Just the plugin could use some updates/fixes to it, since it’s still quite buggy.

I know it’s hard to get a good animation tool out there, and I do think the ROBLOX animation editor’s pretty good for a first implementation for the public to use the animation system they have. Just the spontaneous errors and the little bugs that screw up your animations have been the bane of me using it.

It just needs more work on it, that’s what I was trying to say. As GollyGreg has said below, it works, but the implementation leaves more to be desired and that’s why I said I was hoping someone would make a “Version 2”.

Basically the Animation Editor’s an old Toyota Corolla.

Good for a first car, but it isn’t a good proper car.

My beef is two things.

1. The interface is not very intuitive. Neither are the keybindings
  2. When the plugin is deactivated, you lose all of your data, no questions asked.

There was a lot of hardwork put into it and the posing is nice, but the implementation leaves A LOT to be desired.