Animation Editor won't move parts

This is Jared, the horse i’m trying to rig and animate.

After watching some YouTube tutorials I have learned how to rig Jared, and I’ve done what the tutorials have said.

^ These are the parts of Jared. He has a HumanoidRootPart brutally embedded in his stomach somewhere too.

Using the custom character creator plugin, I have binded the HumanoidRootPart to the torso, then binded the torso to the top of the legs and neck, binded the neck to the head, and you get the picture. Everything is binded.

The HumanoidRootPart is anchored too and there is a Humanoid in the model.

I was looking forward to animating Jared, and the animation editor loaded up well, showing all of Jareds body parts I could select. However, whenever I try and move a part in the editor, it just won’t.

I can’t move any parts, I can’t rotate any parts. However it all seems to be binded well. Collisions are off. And I followed the tutorial to the word.

Thinking i’d made a mistake. I simplified Jared into just a root part, a torso and a leg (split in two).

I made sure this was all properly binded, and anchored. It is also all in a model.

However still, I could not more or rotate any of Jared’s limbs in the editor. He’s frozen stiff.

I’ve checked the web for similar problems, but cannot find any identical to my own.

I am wondering if anyone could provide some assistance. On whether I’ve made a mistake, Jared’s made a mistake, or the animation editor is bugging.

Thanks!

15 Likes

Thinking of starting a gofundme for jared to help him through his problems :frowning:

30 Likes

You have to tell the animation editor what parts you want to animate, and which you don’t. You do this by pressing the black/white box next to the name of the part:

https://gfycat.com/ShockingJoyousChick

My mouse is slightly off-point, but you should still understand it

Does this solve your problem?

2 Likes

Afraid not.

Originally, all the boxes have been filled in white. I can select a part but just cannot move it when I drag the slider:

Not a single part will budge.

Do you mean “all anchored” or “all properly anchored”? Only the HumanoidRootPart is anchored, right? Everything except the HumanoidRootPart should be unanchored.

Could you rig up a simple model or give us just the root + torso so we can test it out in Studio?

9 Likes

Ah! It seems the whole model was anchored… I feel a bit stupid now.

By “properly anchored” earlier, I did mean only the root part, and I could’ve sworn it was only the root part when I tested it earlier. But looks like it wasn’t on this abstracted version.

But it now works. Hurrah!

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me.

I’m sure Jared will also be pleased, not having to live a life of paralysis.

Have a great day

3 Likes

No problem!

Don’t forget to mark the solution. If someone has the same problem in the future, they’ll know that this thread might help them.

4 Likes