Animation events delayed or early; never on time

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make an opening cutscene for a game using a singular animation.

2. What is the issue?
    Animation events are not synced up to the actual animation (AKA, when I want an event to happen, it doesn’t, they fire early.)

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I haven’t come up with anything, but I’ve tried :GetMarkerReachedSignal():Wait() instead of a function but that didn’t resolve it, so my main suspicion is that :AdjustSpeed() is throwing off the animation events because I do have a lot of those functions in my opening cutscene script.

Please help!!!

Maybe manually add the events you want? If it’s just a custscene, this should work. For example, if you know a slaps b after 12 seconds, just add a different script that handles the animation events?

As for the actual error, I don’t do much animation scripting, so this would just be a temporary fix. However, I do suggest that you check the Roblox Documentation for help.

1 Like

try connecting all the objects you want to animate with motor6D, and then you may be able to create a single animation for the whole cutscene.
Use this plugin: Constraint Editor - Roblox

So, you’re suggesting that every animation event have their own seprate scripts, correct?

1 Like

Just for some closure, I managed to “fix” it by following these two important steps:

1. Reduce the amount of lag in your game by limiting the amount of… well lag. In my case, I was using alot of :GetService() functions which ended up affecting my game’s lag and therefore the animations.

2. Use client side scripts to detect animation events. They’re WAY more accurate than server scripts, and mostly get the timing perfectly. In my case, I had a client sided script detect the animation events, and then fire a remote event to the server to execute various functions that normally wouldn’t be accessable to the client.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.