Animation feedback

So, I’m creating an animation of a player picking something and I would like feedback, see it:

I think it didn’t look so good, I wanted to make it more natural, but I don’t know how, does anyone have any ideas?
Incidentally, sorry for the low fps in the videos.
Map:Baseplate.rbxl (41.5 KB)

4 Likes

The animation overall looks pretty choppy, you could add more anticipation in it.
I’m not sure how heavy is the pickaxe but maybe it’s heavy as an iron hammer, so try to make the viewers/players know how heavy is it, since the character just casually lifting it, like the pickaxe is made out of plastic.
You can show that by adding some movement of the legs, some natural motion of the arms since it is R15, and maybe thinking about timing as well.
For me, to make a good and decent animation, you need some references. I mostly made my animations using some real-life references, so I know how to visualize it to the character in the game. I’m not sure if this will help you, but yeah, that how I make my animations.
Anyway, good luck with your animation and maybe the game you are making, the animation is not good, but at least you tried your best.

1 Like

Try making it slower when lifting the pickaxe up.

1 Like

You should move the pickaxe down a bit, and try to make the animation a bit slower.

1 Like

I agree with others, and the animation should be slower. Otherwise, good job! The animation looks fabulous in my opinion.

1 Like