Animation I uploaded doesn't play on my game

I wasn’t totally sure where to put this, so I’ll just do it here.
I have a dagger slash animation for my Skinned Mesh character. This will just replace an older dagger slash animation for the same model that was quite janky.

After publishing the animation and replacing the animation id, the animation has decided to not play at all.
I tested this with the model, and ran the game:

The idle animation works 100% perfectly, but the dagger slash animation (supposed to play every 3 seconds) doesn’t play at all. This isn’t a problem with animation priority either as the dagger slash animation has a higher priority.
I also published the animation under my name, and the game is also under my name.

I’ve tried loading the previous animation and changing nothing but the keyframes, but it still didn’t work.
I also tried republishing the previous animation, and it DID work (with the original animation).

I’m completely lost on what could be causing this. Any help is appreciated!

2 Likes

Probably cause you put while task.wait(3) do which would mean while It’s waiting it will play, that is confusing. Try putting this instead for the loop:

while true do
    task.wait(3)
    anim:Play()
end

I’m pretty sure

while task.wait(3) do

does the same as

while wait(3) do

which simply repeats every three seconds.
I still tested it anyway, and it still doesn’t work.

Sorry man, I’m not the animator guy so if that doesn’t work then I don’t think I have a soulution

Potentially the animation priority of the Idle animation is higher than the Slash animation. Have a look at this:

From personal experience the cause for this problem always was that the animation was made with a different rig (Anim was R6 but character R15) so maybe something changed between character now and character it was made with?

This isn’t a problem with animation priority as the dagger slash animation has a higher priority. I tried without the idle animation too in case it was a glitch, but that didn’t work either.

I don’t think so. I made the script inside the model immediately after making the animation. The only difference would be an extra bone which is for the dagger, but i also tried without the dagger part of the animation and the result was the same.

is ur game in a group or just you?

The game and the animation must have the same owner. If a group owns the game but you own the animation, then it won’t work.

You could try this.
DM me if you have any issues: mstudio45#5590

local slashAnimationId = 0 -- or script.Parent.Main.ViewmodelDaggerSlash1.AnimationId
local idleAnimationId = 0 -- or script.Parent.Main.Idle1.AnimationId
local character = script.Parent
local humanoid = character:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
local Animator = humanoid:FindFirstChild("Animator")

local slashAnimation = Instance.new("Animation")
slashAnimation.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://" + slashAnimationId
local slashAnimationTrack = Animator:LoadAnimation(slashAnimation)
slashAnimationTrack.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action -- set your animation priority
slashAnimationTrack.Looped = false

local idleAnimation = Instance.new("Animation")
idleAnimation.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://" + idleAnimationId
local idleAnimationTrack = Animator:LoadAnimation(idleAnimation)
idleAnimationTrack.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Idle -- or Movement
idleAnimationTrack.Looped = false

idleAnimationTrack:Play()
while true do
    shockAnimationTrack:Play()
    shockAnimationTrack.Stopped:Wait()
    task.wait(3)
end

The game is owned by me and the animations are all published by me. This isn’t the problem

Could you load the animation into Roblox’s animation editor and check if it plays?

That’s what i made the animation on.

Have you tried testing it outside of studio?

If it does work, then you might want to send a bug report.