Animation not being replicated on model welded to rig on a character

Animations do not seem to be replicating when being played on a model that is welded to a rig that is welded to the character. They play just fine for the network owner, but never consistently for anybody else.

This is the hierarchy of how our rigs are set up for riding a pet:
FakeChar (uses an Animator + Humanoid) and uses a Weld to connect to our pet model (which uses a AnimationController) which is welded directly to the default character (which uses a Humanoid).

Removing this weld allows it to always be replicating.

This happens in our development place.

Our team never ran into this issue over the weeks of testing we have done with this feature, until the start of this week (Around March 29).

In this video you can see properties of the animation (loaded on the fake character riding the pet to the left) being printed on the client.

This is what the animation should look like

Haven’t been able to repro this bug on a baseplate, but within our development environment we have stripped all things related to this and tried many solutions to get around this issue. Some solutions more consistent than others, but nothing that always works. Happy to grant access/give our place file to an engineer to investigate.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

I have no idea if this is relevant at all but I have a similar thread post here. If you could also take a look at this, Hippe_ofDoom, it would make me really happy; a lot of players use my tech that runs on animations.

https://gyazo.com/959d08059aa9e83e2d3f71d0cd7656dd

1 Like