Animation not working how it was animated

Animation not running like how it is in animation editor

1. What do you want to achieve?
    Get animation to work how it does in the animation editor

2. What is the issue?
    When I made the animation, it works fine but when I run it in game it is not playing how I want it to

Animation Editor:

IN Game:

3 Likes

Are you changing the C0 or transform of the motors via script? Are they blended animations?

1 Like

What do you mean by that? are you talking about CFrame animations and Animation instances

Yes. The transform should not be edited or else something like that happens.

Are you talking about CFrame animations? I’m not good when it comes to animating

I was asking if you had any. If not, do you know of any other animations that are playing while the reloading starts?

The only other animation would be the hold animation?

In that case, maybe it’s not the problem. I heard somewhere that the easing style direction is swapped for some reason between the animation editor and in-game. Maybe try inversing it?

Just tried that and it did not work any other ideas? Or is it something with roblox

Probably something with Roblox, considering this post popped up with 0 replies 6 days ago.

1 Like

I just looked at that post also. It seems like it cannot be fixed

2 Likes

Nope, but @Bug-Support is available for messaging.

I’ve had a similar problem in the past. Your last option is to add an attribute into Workspace called “RbxLegacyAnimationBlending” and set it to true.

If it works, you’re good.

Wait so an attribute under workspace called that?

Yes. I’ve tried it before and it didn’t work for me, but it might for you.

Nope that did not work. How did you fix it when it happened to you? did you have to contact support

I sent a bug report, but my issue was probably entirely different from yours and was caused by the “AnimationWeightedBlendFix” update. I removed animations from my game, and it worked much better.

The reload animation had problems though. It would lock to the center for some reason, but it looked fine.

I recommend you send a bug report by messaging bug support.

The second video does not seem to be loading but if it doing an issue where the animation easing seems off heres a solution:

Roblox has an issue, EasingDirections made in the animation editor look normal but when these animations are played ingame the EasingDirections are reversed. E.g. the cubic keyframes in your animation, in the animation editor the EasingDirection may be In but ingame it will be played as Out. If you swap the EasingDirection, so In to Out and Out to In, it should fix this issue.

again, the bottom video wasnt loading so this is just a guess

2 Likes