Animation not working

I have a Animation for the 2 Lights in my Aura and I’m using R15 for the Animation.

and this is how it should look like whenever it plays

but here is how it shows to me whenever I play, its stuck on one part only.

What did I do wrong with this one? :sob: Please reply to me what you need to see such as scripts or how the placements are.

2 Likes

Hello! Does the animation play at all or does it never start playing? What is the animation priority you have set for the animation?

Let’s start with these and figure out why it won’t work :smiley:

1 Like

I have the animation set on a local script parented to the Humanoid that creates a Animation Instance and Loops the animation and plays it.

The Animation’s Priority is set to Core.

1 Like

I believe Core is the lowest priority, Can you try adjusting it to being Action and see if it works?

1 Like

I’ll see if it works, hold on. I wasn’t expecting a fast reply so I closed my studio xD

2 Likes

I’ve set it to Action, however when I playtest it still doesn’t rotate/orbit. Is it probably my Localscript settings? I’m working on R15 btw.

local Hum = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local Animator = Hum:WaitForChild("Animator")

local Animation = Instance.new("Animation")
Animation.Parent		= Hum
Animation.AnimationId	= "rbxassetid://17300216850"

local Anim	= Animator:LoadAnimation(Animation)
Anim.Looped = true
Anim:Play()

and the Localscript gets parented to the Humanoid of the Character

1 Like

Ah then the script is failing to find the humanoid:

This should just be

local Hum = script.Parent
1 Like

Apparently, still doesn’t work… The ServerScript copies this script from the ServerStorage and parents it to Humanoid of a Character.

1 Like

Alrighty, are you able to show that server script code? Also are there any errors in output console?

1 Like

Nope, there aren’t any wrong to the script at all neither the LocalScript. Because whenever I play the game and check my Humanoid, the LocalScript Works.

This is the server script, I’m going to leave out the unnecessary stuffs to the Forum Topic.

PLAYERS.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(chr)
			if plr:GetRankInGroup(GROUP_ID) >= 250 then
			local HRP		=	chr:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
			local HUM		=	chr:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
			local FOOT		=	chr:WaitForChild("RightFoot") or chr:WaitForChild("Right Leg")
			local AURAS		=	HAVEN:WaitForChild("HAVEN_Aura"):Clone()
			local SPIN		=	HAVEN:WaitForChild("SpinningAura")
			local SCRIPT		=	HAVEN:WaitForChild("Animator"):Clone()

AURAS.Parent	=	HRP
			SCRIPT.Parent	=	HUM

local Spin_Center	=	SPIN.Anchor_Spin:Clone()
			Spin_Center.Parent	=	chr
			local MT6D_2		=	Instance.new("Motor6D")
			MT6D_2.MaxVelocity	=	0.1
			MT6D_2.Parent		=	HRP
			MT6D_2.Part0		=	HRP
			MT6D_2.Part1		=	Spin_Center
			Spin_Center.Position=	Vector3.new(0, 2, 0) + HRP.Position

local Spin_1		=	SPIN.Spinning_Part1:Clone()
			Spin_1.Parent		=	chr
			local MT6D_3		=	Instance.new("Motor6D")
			MT6D_3.MaxVelocity	=	0.1
			MT6D_3.Parent		=	Spin_Center
			MT6D_3.Part0		=	Spin_Center
			MT6D_3.Part1		=	Spin_1
			Spin_1.Position=	Vector3.new(0, 5, 4) + HRP.Position

Spin_1.ToBottom.Beam.Attachment1	=	AURAS.BottomAura

local Spin_2		=	SPIN.Spinning_Part2:Clone()
			Spin_2.Parent		=	chr
			local MT6D_4		=	Instance.new("Motor6D")
			MT6D_4.MaxVelocity	=	0.1
			MT6D_4.Parent		=	Spin_Center
			MT6D_4.Part0		=	Spin_Center
			MT6D_4.Part1		=	Spin_2
			Spin_2.Position=	Vector3.new(0, 5, -4) + HRP.Position

Spin_2.ToBottom.Beam.Attachment1	=	AURAS.BottomAura

end		
	end)
end)
1 Like

Are you using two parts for the two particles? It could be that you have both parts welded around the player thus not allowing it to animate. I could be wrong

1 Like

It seems like you do not name the Motor6D joints, Were they not named in the original animation you made?

1 Like

I only animated one part tho, oh wait… Does it need for a Motor6D to be named? but when I just animated it shows the Block’s Name.

1 Like

I’m using 3 parts, basically there’s the Spinning Part which is connected to HRP, and 2 other blocks away from each other which is connected to the Spinning Part

1 Like

Yea basically as an example for a normal idle animation, if you rename Neck joint into something else, it stops annimating the head so the names need to match (and preferably be unique)

1 Like

if I changed the Name of a Motor6D when the animation is saved, do I have to re-save it again so it applies the name of the new Motor6D?

1 Like

If by saving you mean to publish then yes. In your animatiion test dummy rig, rename the Motor6D joints to be unique and publish it. Then in the serverScript make sure you put the correct names in the newly created joints.

1 Like

Apparently, still doesn’t work… :sob: I have the necessary stuff laid out properly already, the animation was set to Action, Renamed the Motor6D, and still doesn’t play the animation.

1 Like

Alrighty, lets then take a closer look :smiley: . Are you able to show the updated code with Motor names and are you able to show what the flying parts look like in the explorer? Can you also try adding a print after the Anim:Play() so we can see if it is indeed playing

1 Like

Is there also a specific reason why you load the animation inside a localscript and not just directly on the server script?

1 Like