Animation offset

When you play the game (and attach the camera to the camera part)

Try checking and seeing if the camera part still stays in the same location, if it seems to offset, you might accidently be messing around with the offset of your camerapos. You can try testing this by creating a part to symbolize the cframe of the players camera (where its supposed to be).

Check your animation and ensure you aren’t accidently moving that part forward either.

If it still doesn’t work, and you have no plans to actually really animate the “Camerapos”
You can instead attach the camera to the head (the head should still stay attached to the character?) and if it gets in the way, just set transparency to 1 temporarily.

Another thing to take into account, re-check your script, it seems you might be doing things unintended for the camera. Ensure your camera is set to scriptable so that no default part of the camera scripts run.

1 Like

None of this seemed to help at all, changing the camera subject for some reason made the animation not play and the mouse was stuck in the center of the screen, the camera position isn’t being offset at all, it is set to scriptable, and I’m not moving the camera forwards in the animation.

Have you tried checking the Server while you are playtesting? This is so that you can see your character in 3rd person. By doing this we would know if it is either a camera problem (if player is standing on where it should be) or a position problem (if player is standing at the door).

The cutscene plays on the client.

Yes I know, what I’m saying is to check the playtest on Server mode to see the player while the cutscene is playing on the Client side.

Dialogue can be useful if you are trying to make a realistic npc

But there won’t be anything happening on the server because the cutscene is only playing on the client. Also, the character used isn’t the player’s character, it’s a dummy one used for the cutscene.

1: There is dialogue.
2: This has nothing to do with the problem I’m having.

I think I posted this on the wrong post bc on mobile you have to choose and I may clicked the wrong button

1 Like

Animations replicate from client to server so you will still see animation from server even if you played it from the client. Roblox Animation Replication API

I just tested it, there’s nothing happening on the server. Only the client. The animation is loaded on the client, and it is played on the client.

EDIT: Hold up I’m an idiot let me test this again.

EDIT 2: Okay no I was right originally.

Is there a way I could still check if there’s an offset when I can only view the animation on the client? I know I could check the position in the Explorer, but the thing is, I don’t know what the ending position is of anything, as it is an animation.

So, just figured out how to do that, and for some reason, there’s no offset before the animation begins. None. All of the positions are exactly as they should be. These are the positions of the camera.
(162.348, 23.699, -10.471) Testing
(1162.348, 23.699, -10.471) In-Game (Different X because map loading)

This is important because it means that the offset is caused by the animation for some reason. If nobody tries to solve this by the end of tomorrow, I’ll release the game without the ending cutscene and then wait for help later, as I’m trying to get the game done before school starts.

How is the character reacting to this, is this a cutscene playing after a player touches a part? or is it when they join the game? or is it something else?

It plays when you touch a part. The player is teleported to a box, the cutscene begins, and the camera position is set to where the dummy character used for the cutscene is.

Im not an expert on animations but by the looks of it the camera seems to be offset from where you animated it.

Did you animate the camera with the editor as well?

No, the part that the camera is tracking is welded to the head of the character. You can actually kind of see the eyes of the character in the second video clipping through the part slightly.

Also, I knew that the camera is offset. For some reason, the animation seems to sort of launch the character forward in some way when it begins, and I don’t know why.

Alright, just discovered that moving the character 10 studs back from their starting position works, but it ends up looking a little weird, so I’ll only use that if I have to. This means that the animation is teleporting the character forwards about 10 studs upon starting for some reason. Anyone know why this could be happening?

AHA

AHAHAHA

THIS THREAD

RIGHT HERE

SAVED ME

IT’S THE HIP HEIGHT

1 Like

I’ma be honest, I thought this hadn’t worked at first, but nope. Apparently changing that property of Humanoid is a bit finicky.