Animation only showing for me. Nobody else can see it

Hello. I am trying to add custom walk, run & idle animations to my game. For me, everything looks perfectly fine. But for others, they can’t see the animations at all. I have them set to Movement priority and i’ve done everything I need to do to make them work.

The script I used:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(Player)
	Player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(Character)
		Character.Animate.idle.Animation1.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://myanimation"
 		Character.Animate.idle.Animation2.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://myanimation"
 		Character.Animate.walk.WalkAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://myanimation"
 		Character.Animate.run.RunAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://myanimation"
 	end)
 end)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

if it’s in a localscript, then yes it’s only visible to you. if you change a property of anything in the client it doesn’t replicate to the server or any other clients, if you change it from the server it will replicate to all clients

– fix my spelling

Like Andrew said, it will only be visible to you if it’s a Localscript.

Animations will also only be visible to you if they’re registered under a different name. Try republishing the animations and making sure they loop!

put that in a server script, but don’t mark me as solution, I’m just notifying you again lol

It is in a server script. I put it in ServerScriptService.

Maybe its how im uploading it? All im doing is just importing my animation from blender and publishing it to roblox and taking the ID. IS there more to it that im missing?

ServerScriptService | Roblox Creator Documentation is only for the Server, it isn’t replicated to Clients.
Aren’t Animation | Roblox Creator Documentation s supposed to be loaded to each player which is considered Local?

2 Likes

This is the part I’m struggling to learn most

1. Go into play test in studio.
  2. While in play test copy the local Animate script.
  3. Paste the local script into StarterCharacterScripts (it will replace the default Animate script because it has the same name).
  4. Change the animation ID’s of the animation track values under the local script you pasted in StarterCharacterScripts.
1 Like

Instead of just changing it manually, just use a duplicated version of the Animate script and follow whatever that’s inside this useful post.

Firstly, I’d like to point out for others that if Animations are being played on your character through your client, then they will be replicated to the server.

If it plays for you and only you, you might be having difficulties with ownership, here are some scenarios:

• The game is owned by an individual, but the Animations weren’t exported by the owner – In this case, the owner would have to export the animations, then use the IDs from that. This is Roblox’s way of protecting assets from being stolen.

• The game is owned by a group, but an individual’s Animations are being used
    – For this, you would have to export the animations but make sure the ownership is set to the group that owns the game

These are two scenarios I come across all the time, it’s easy to fix but Roblox has some odd rules when it comes to Animation sharing.

(Taking a shot in the dark here, this may be not what you’re facing at all)