Animation playing only locally

Howdy!
I am trying to animate when a person has a balloon as they are in the air. It works perfectly fine locally but it doesn’t show that exact animation for other players. It seems like the jump animation is overriding it which shouldn’t happen in the first place.

Thanks,

1 Like

What priority is the animation set to currently?

Action. I think It wouldn’t even work locally if it was about the animation priority.

Are you using AnimationTrack.Looped? Most AnimationTrack properties don’t replicate correctly and lead to inconsistencies like this.

Could you show the code you use to play the animation?

Yep, I am using it. Is there a way around it?

local tool = script.Parent
local Anim = Instance.new("Animation")
Anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://9128534359"
local track
tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	track = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Anim)
	track.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action
	track.Looped = true
	track:Play()
end)

tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	if track then
		track:Stop()
	end
end)
2 Likes

You’ll need to reupload the animation with looped set to true. There isn’t a work around where you can use the Looped property.

Edit:

I believe the blending update makes animations blend incorrectly, which makes them basically move less. I don’t think that’s the problem here, since the wrong animation is being seen and it works on the client.
Edit:
It appears I’m wrong, the problem was from AnimationBlendFix. I didn’t think that bug caused problems like this.
Edit:
Not AnimationBlendFix, nvm

1 Like

I think its because roblox anim blending update, try disabling AnimationBlendFix in workspace properties

2 Likes

It makes it even worse. It just plays the Roblox default jump animation after disabling AnimationWeightedBlendFix.

1 Like

Removed the loop in the script and reloaded the animation with loop enabled. It works perfectly fine on the client but still not working on the server. It’s kinda weird because it’s not completely ignoring the animation but still not playing it how it is supposed to. If it completely ignored the animation in the server-side, it would just play the Roblox default jumping animation.

1 Like

Oh then it’s probably what Imprisonerting was saying:

Maybe turn off AnimationBlendFix in Workspace and see if that solves the problem.

Unfortunately, it’s making it even worse.

:sweat:

This text will be blurred

Try this

local tool = script.Parent
local Anim = Instance.new("Animation")
Anim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://9128534359"
local track
tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
	script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid.Jump = false

track = script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Anim)
	track.Priority = Enum.AnimationPriority.Action4
	track:Play()
end)

tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	if track then
		track:Stop()
	end
end)

Still not working. Thanks for your help tho!

1 Like

I added script.Parent.Parent.Humanoid.Jump = false, try again if you didnt

Maybe its the animation¿

This text will be blurred

Don’t know how the animation will make a difference when it comes to client vs server. Disabling jump didn’t make a difference btw.

A little strange since the animation should replicate although it may be because you are utilizing humanoid:loadanimation which is deprecated?

try using an animator:loadanimation with animator as a descendant of humanoid:

API
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Animator/LoadAnimation

1 Like

Wait when you reuploaded did you make sure to set the priority too? I think most of the AnimationTrack properties don’t replicate properly.

I found the solution! I moved my code from a local script to a server script and it fixed the problem. I thought animations replicated to the server no matter what script started running them. Thank you guys for responding quickly and trying to help!

1 Like