System info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.51 GB
Total Virtual Memory 44.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.86 GB
Page File Space 29.0 GB

When Publishing over existing animations, over time the UI will stop refreshing the available list of animations once the animation ID has been entered.

Begin re-publishing animations
After a number of re-publishes, the UI for publishing over existing animations will delay its refresh, sometime up to 20 seconds
After it begins delaying the re-publish, it will completely stop refreshing alltogether.
When this happens, If I publish an animation as “New”, I can re-publish animations after that once or twice ( sometimes more), then it will stop refreshing again.

Expected Behavior

When Re-publishing animations, I expect the UI to consistently display the animation file with the Matching Animation ID entered in the search box

Actual Behavior

When Publishing over existing animations, over time the UI will stop refreshing the available list of animations once the animation ID has been entered.

Workaround

Current workaround:
Save an existing anim as a “new” animation to temporarily cause the UI to refresh correctly.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-01 00:02:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2003-02-22 00:02:00 (-06:00)

2 Likes

i’ve been having this issue since forever. i hope they look at this and do something to fix it, it affects the workflow having to re-open 2 times the animator for it to show properly.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Thank you! it would be a life saving.