Animation Replication issue (when a tool is connected to a character with motor6d)

If that doesn’t works, you should try setting the animation’s priority to Action (only if you didn’t do that already.)

1 Like

Both the animation priority are all in action and also the motor6ds are created in server, it shouldn’t load the animation normally when the player gets close to it if the motor6d is not made on server. Thank you for the info though, I double checked them just now.

2 Likes

It could also be something wrong with your script.

I don’t think so as everything works properly in my studio tests, the tool animation gets replicated properly If the player gets close enough to the character who’s tool is not replicating properly.

the reason it doesnt load is because you have the motor6d in the wrong spot

Is that so? can you elaborate for me please.

Part0 Should always be the hand and not the handle

And Part1 should always be the Handle

But it is the hand at Part0, or did you mean Part1?

1 Like

Studio has different methods of replicating than an actual game. I actually encountered an issue where Motor6Ds didnt function properly in-game but worked in studio but I solved it by making the Motor6D on the server. Like I said, you should try and use a handle in the tool and just destroy the RightGrip when it’s parented to the RightArm whenever the tool is equipped, then set the Motor6D.

1 Like

That is a good alternative, I will try that later thanks!

1 Like

I’m getting this exact same issue, it only works when i run into the other player or sometimes just works randomly. I’ve tried everything and still cant get it to work. Used to function flawlessly before a few days ago!

I believe I have found the source of the problem

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen this too, was also thinking this might also be the source of the issue. I hope it is the source of the problem.

I have this exact same issue in all my games that rely on animation for the tools, and it happened after the latest update. I’m pretty sure this is the issue for both you and me, and hopefully Roblox will revert back soon. I can’t imagine anything else considering one of my affected games, I have no touched for months.

1 Like

Agree, since he discussed about how the joint search stops at first model descendant, while my motor6d in my tool is pretty much 3rd model descendant so if it stops at first then that means it did not register the joint of my tool which is located at 3rd descendant.

Idk when did the latest happen but I remember having this issue for like couple days now.

1 Like

Idk if your animations have already been fixed, but I’ve checked mine and it is still happening for me.

EDIT:
The revert has already been released as said by the staff but it still happens. 2nd thing is that I’ve researched more into the dev forum and found similar issues that happened at the start of April,

These guys have figured some ways to fix it and some of them worked for me but there is an issue that it still happens sometimes, either way I hope this will help you guys figure out a way to fix these while we wait for roblox to fix them.

2 Likes

This is still happening to me? Anyone else?

3 Likes

Still happening to me too but the linked solutions above did help do a work around on it, either way it still happens.

Yep, it’s still happening to me. Probably the longest Roblox has gone with this bug.

3 Likes

I have found the solution (kinda).
I got 2 booleans:

reequipped = false
reequipped2 = false

So basically, we re-equip player’s tool when he tries to equip it.

Equip function (start of it):

if not reequipped then
  humanoid:UnequipTools()
  task.wait()
  humanoid:EquipTool(tool)
  reequipped = true
  return
else
  reequipped2 = true
end

Unequip function (start too):

if not reequipped2 then
  return
end

This will lead into player seamlessly re-equipping the item (meaning Motor6D will work as expected).
It will fire only one time (first equip).

Works for me, hope I helped somebody with this.

sorry for grammar, my english is not perfect

Forgot to say, if you want to get rid of warning message in output, check out this post right here: