Animation/Condition not working

Hello, this is my first post on the Developer Forum as I am a beginner scripter. This local script allows me to press T and play an emote/pose for the player. I want to make it so that whenever any input is put through besides the mouse, it will stop the emote. I got it to work with the right mouse button, but the left click still stops the emote. I can’t seem to figure out how to add it to the if statement. I’ve tried adding

if input.UserInputType ~= Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton2 or Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 then
PoseTrack:Stop()

but it would not work. I have also tried a few other variations of it but still can not find a solution. The script that works with the right mouse button only is below.

game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()

wait(1)

local Pose = script.Pose
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character
local hum = char.Humanoid

local PoseTrack = hum:LoadAnimation(Pose)

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

UserInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
	if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.T then
		PoseTrack:Play()
	end
end)

UserInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
	if input.UserInputType ~= Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton2 then
		PoseTrack:Stop()                        
	end
end)

while true do
	if PoseTrack.IsPlaying == true then
		player.Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
		player.Character.Humanoid.JumpPower = 0
	end

if PoseTrack.IsPlaying == false then
		player.Character.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16
		player.Character.Humanoid.JumpPower = 50
	end
	wait()
end

I would be very thankful if anyone could help me with this. Thank you for reading and have a good day :slight_smile:.

you have to have to say

if input.UserInputType ~= Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton2 and input.UserInputType ~= Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1

so you have to say it twice and you have to say and instead of or because otherwise it won’t work

1 Like