Animations are not replicated

Is there a chance it’s a player specific issue? May I try joining the game?
EDIT: Nevermind. I joined and same stuff is happening to me.

It’s been consistent across all players for 3 or so days :confused:

Why do you need to set network owner to client? Just pkay the animation, thatbmight be whats causing it

Setting network owner allows the pet to be moved by the client. This is what every game that has pets does

Is there any script that modifies joints/recreates them? Or is everything character and animation related fully stock? I’ve also noticed some players are not t-posing but stuck in some random animation, fall animation for example. Playing too many animations in the span of 10 seconds causes issues too I’ve heard.

Are you by any chance overstepping the 256 concurrent animation track allowance? You should see warnings in the output window if so.

I’ve never seen any warning for it. I’m not doing that many animations on a single Animator either. Each pet has an Animator and they only have 2 animations (Idle and Walk)

And again, it should not be causing the default Roblox character animations to not be working

I’ve stacked hundreds of animation tracks on a character before (for testing purposes) and it essentially freezes all of its animations (including default ones) which is why I asked.

Hmmm right. The only custom animation I have on the character is a sprint animation. My character has normal walk and jump animations though, but it’s only everyone else on my screen thats not playing animations, but it’s vice versa for all of them. Basically, only you can see your own characters animations/own pet animations. Everyone else is not seeing any animations whatsoever

Your pet is not the Player.Character, that’s why the animations aren’t replicating from client to server.

use the server to play the animations, even if you set the client the network owner the animation wont be shown

Actually :nerd: your code is wrong, You see the documentation has been wrong for a while, animations will not play if loaded from your client even if you have network ownership of said rig, you will need to play them from the server so everyone else sees them :nerd:, Animations only replicate when loaded into the character’s animator or humanoid but dont use the humanoid its deprecated :nerd:

Hope it helped, also yes the documentation being wrong was confirmed by a roblox admin who worked on the whole animation thing for roblox studio :nerd:

cc @mkn00b @CCTVStudios is thats the case for pets, then what about players? In the video, you can see players ‘sliding’ around (there walk animations do not play) nor do their jump animations

:nerd: did you tampered with the roblox Animate script in any way or did you loaded any anims into the character’s animator that involve the pet too?.

No, all animations on the player are default. I do have a custom sprint animation, thats the only thing I do on the character. But I don’t tamper with the animations anywhere else for the player

1 Like

:nerd: Then I am not sure why its actually not working, I thought your only issue was the pets, but player’s anims not replicating, this is weird… well umm I will see what I can find to fix this skill issue on lua you are having :nerd:

1 Like

Quick video example, sprint animation was never loaded here either in case that was the issue. But yea, animations acting up, might just post as bug tomorrow

do you have any code that interacts with the character animations, if so please send it, Also try and not equip pets and see if the animations still not play if its the pets causing the issue then the issue must be there somewhere.

Theres no pets equipped in that video, and I dont do any interaction with player animations what so ever, except for sprinting, which I never did in that video

1 Like

When did thiss issue started happening, at what point of coding the game?