Animations are playing sideways?

So I made a Minecraft Steve rig by resizing the R6 Block Rig slightly and adding decals to it, and I redid the Motor6Ds on it with the exact same style of rigging as the block rig. But, when I tried it out, the Roblox default animations played sideways! As in the walking animation, instead of your hands swaying forward and back, they would sway right and left, into your character and out away from your character. This makes for some weird animations

This is the character in walking animation

This is the character in freefall animation

So how would I fix this weird animation thing? Would I have to rotate the Motor6d’s or something?
Btw I made this rig with Moon Animation Suite and edited it with RigEdit.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna go ahead and say this;

Do. Not. Make. A. Minecraft. Game.

You do not own the rights to Mojang’s models or textures; this will be a surefire way to get your game taken down and your account moderated.

Anyways, to answer your question: yes, rotating the Motor6Ds will fix this.

7 Likes

How would I rotate the Motor6Ds?

Also is it fine if I use a free to use licence texture pack and a different character skin? Or would that still be copyright.

Thanks for replying btw

1 Like

Did you animate it so when you walk forward then you walk right? Have you used the R6/R15 rig?

And also:

2 Likes

Its an R6 Rig and no I didn’t animate it cause I want to use Roblox default character animations. So, how would I rotate the Motor6Ds?

Heres the rig of the model, I believe I have rigged it correctly. So why are the animations playing sideways and how do I fix it?

Super late reply, sorry, but did you ever find a solution to this? I am currently facing the exact same issue and can’t seem to find any post with a proper fix to it.

well you can simply intall another plugin with rotation feature cause rigedit lite version does not have rotation feature maybe the full version and i dont know what youre using right now

or simply rotate using the motor6d’s property
and each time test the changes until you have it.

note change the c1 property not c2 image below

and yes i know you guys are in corona time and me 3 years later