Animations break with custom rigs

Following up on this post, all three animations we have for the character do not animate all the joints both in the studio animation editor and in live games when the model.PrimaryPart is unanchored
When the primary part is anchored, the animations play as expected and animate all the joints

However, when the primary is unanchored (which is necessary because the character will move around), Roblox does not animate the Torso joint (which connects the primary part to the Torso)
Both in game and in studio:

These were tested with an AnimationController, using a Humanoid just made it so the character could not move in game

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Would you be able to provide me with the model/animations so that I can investigate what is happening in our animation system?

1 Like

Hey @Acreol, so after looking at your rig. I think the issue is unanchoring “Handle” causes our system to think the root of the model is something else (this is separate from Primary Part). You can avoid this by setting the RootPriority property on Handle to something higher than 0 (assuming the RootPriority on all of your other parts are 0). I was able to verify that this works but go ahead and give it a try and see if this works on your end.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.