Animations Breaking! Ending Up Completely different

I’m working on my system for my community and I’ve ran into a problem. I made a animation in blender (which has worked for the other weapons, I’ve also checked the rig many times) it looks complete different in roblox animation editor and blender then when I play and use it in game it looks like this…

WHAT ITS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE

WHAT HAPPENS IN GAME

I have nothing editing the gun offset or anything!

Anyone know how to fix this? Any help loved!

3 Likes

Uh it looks like the same animation. Could you go into more detail about what is wrong with the animation?

2 Likes

Looks the same, more detail please :smiley:

1 Like

the musket is a bit too far from the right hand

edit: he didn’t state the difference, the difference is that the right hand is a bit far from the musket and it’s more higher than it should be when reloading in the bullet for the musket

2 Likes

Look at the change in the top one and the bottom one

2 Likes

The right hand in game is going too far from the mech plate. In studio however, the hand is going where it is supposed to be.

1 Like

Is this happening with this particular animation? Or is this happening with other animations.

All the other animations are fine, it only seems to be the reload

1 Like

it seems like the whole gun is offset, I am assuming? it could be scripting causing this, the same stuff that’s making it aim in the mouse direction

“In” and “Out” transition types were mixed up in the animation plugin last i checked

1 Like

I assume you are using motar6ds, have you made sure to attach the weapon to which ever bodypart you are using as the base before loading/saving the animation? I’ve had similar stuff happen if I didn’t make sure my weapon was attached to a dummy to have the animation on while saving the animation.

Nothing in the script is messing with the animation

1 Like

Is this a good reason why it wouldn’t be working

Yea squid it’s using my musket script just on the rifle same weld structure just different models

1 Like

Perhaps you could try weld the rifle to the character torso instead of the arm if not done already?

I’ve seen this issue on my own projects because I had the gun welded to my character’s arm and not torso.

actually, i think i’m seeing a bit of the animation missing… inverted transitions only turn certain smooth transitions into mega choppy ones, but it will not explain missing half of an animation.

did you code the reload animation to start immediately after firing? maybe the firing animation simply overrides all the visual effects of the prematurely triggered reload animation?

1 Like

No you hit r to start the reload

Isn’t welded to the arm, it’s welded to the head. When you equip the gun the script welds it to the head. In the dummy it’s also welded to the head, so the animation isn’t the problem. But in the script nothing is messing with the torso, or any mortor6ds, So it isnt the script.

1 Like

Are you sure the tool’s property requirehandle is turned off? Or the parts with the name “Handle” in it renamed to something else? Otherwise, that’s the problem.

2 Likes

I have the require handle turned off, and I create my own “Handle” (Called MainPart) it’s always worked all you do is weld it using mortor6ds in the script. All the other animations are also made the exact same way