Animations for tools (skinned meshes)

Hi. So I’m making the game and I manage to get tools to move with the hand on my skinned mesh characters. That’s well and good but that’s not really related. If I want this to resemble SCP:CB multiplayer, guns are gonna have to be scattered across the facility. However, I have run into a huge issue. The rigs for eg. Biohazard Suit people and D-Class are different. This is bad because when the person picks a gun up, the animations will be janky unless they pick another character. I can’t make a universal gun-holding animation for the guns, because of the different rigs. So I’ve come up with something, when the person clicks the tool they want to equip it detects what the name of the skinned mesh inside the player is (Hazmat - gives them the hazmat version of the tool) and then gives them the tool with the appropriate animation from ServerStorage. But how do I do this? I know how to make a player equip tools on click but I don’t know how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. If I didn’t explain this well enough let me know.

In your tool, you could each animation for each rig and then on equip run the correct one
For example:

local Animations = {
  Hazmat = X
}
Tool.Equipped:Connect(function()
  local Character = script.Parent.Parent
  local RigType = Character.RigType.Value -- or however you can determine rig
  PlayAnim(Animations[RigType])
end)

1 Like

Thank you! It works very well.

1 Like