Animations look incorrect & wobbly when played (different than editor)

Reproduction Steps

All animations in this game: THI - Roblox (Test game for a new project)

Anyone who joins and plays the game in studio or live game both are seeing this issue.

This only recently started, these animations haven’t been touched in weeks. Animations appear normal when opened in the animation editor.

Expected Behavior

All character animations, including default animations have a visual glitch where the elbows seem to be wobbling during animation or broken during still animation. This screenshot shows what the animation editor shows (how the animation should look).
good_anim

Actual Behavior

This screenshot shows the animation when played on the character in-studio. (The result is the same in the published game as well):
broken_anim

It’s hard to notice at first glance, but the way that the lower arm connects to the upper arm is different for both arms, the angles almost seem inverted.

Here’s another image showing a player holding a pickaxe, as you can see the elbow seems to be bent inward when it was straight before:

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-29 02:09:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-09-30 00:09:00 (-04:00)

4 Likes

If the game is owned by a group, then all the animations need to be uploaded to the group, or else they will not work in-game. Make sure all animations are uploaded to the group.

I don’t even think this is related.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if it is the default roblox animations overlapping with the custom one.

3 Likes

Try going to workspace and changing animationblendfix to disabled.

That isn’t a good fix, the new engine apparently has several optimizations. It’s a beta feature, not fixing the problem before it’s serious will just lead to more issues (like it already has when Roblox switched it from opt-in to opt-out and everybody panicked because they decided it was too much work to convert their animations).

Yes, but unless he figures out how to utilize the new “blending feature” the ONLY fix he has available to him is disabling AnimationWeightedBlendFix.

Here’s my debugging list for animations:

I think this is a problem with the animation priority or weight, but I don’t know all of the documentation from the AnimationWeightedBlendFix. Disabling that will fix your issue.

Try disabling retargeting, It could that reason.

1 Like

This issue should be fixed now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.