Animation's not working on custom rig

hello, I got an Npc rig from the toolbox and deleted all script’s and the config folders to make my own, I use the “Humanoid:MoveTo()” function to move the Npc, the rig moves fine but the animation’s don’t play, here is a link to the rig Sword Fighting Ninja - Roblox I’m not good at the animation stuff so help would be greatly appreciated! The animation script is extremely simple Capture

4 Likes

Did you save the animation to Roblox via the AnimationEditor? You must be the owner of the animation for it to play in your games.

oh, no I didn’t I had my friend make it thanks

1 Like

I made it my own, but still nothing

You have your own assetID?

The last 2 lines are fine. Is “run” an animation object?

Yes “run” is an animation object in replicated storage

If it’s a group game. The animation must be under the group and not your profile. Also the joints of the player must all be the same, maybe enough are the same for :WalkTo but the rest are not for the animation to work. Try using animatingeditor on the customer, and importing your animation. If it doesn’t play you can see why and it might return an error.

It is an npc rig so the joint’s might not be the same, how would I check?

If the animation script is server side, try moving the animation folder to ServerStorage.

There is a very tricky “feature” regarding the replication of the animation object. While the game is playing, the assetID value in the animation object does not clone. I do not have this problem if I store animations for NPCs in serverstorage, and the animations still replicate to clients. When I was using replicatedstorage, I needed to use stringobjects and modify my code a little.

Take a screenshot of the parts inside the npc model. They should match the general R15 structure. Then in AnimationEditor, there should be a rig and the model should move when you play the animation. If it does, the rig is probably fine.

I greatly appreciate your help, but it is still not working, the joint’s for the rig may not be correct, but I don’t know how to add the joints

Roblox has used many joints throughout the years. Some old npcs still have the old joints. Which new ones use attachments. WalkTo would see which type of joints it has and use that animation that correlates to it.

If you just block down the npc rig. Go the animation editor, and click on the npc, import, and select the animation you want to import. It will most likely tell you or show you what bodyparts it isn’t detecting/compatible with the animation.

Also the joints on located in the invidiual body parts.
Example
“LeftFoot” has a “LeftAnkleRigAttachment” in it

The process of creating a rig from scratch is a daunting one. I had assumed your friend handed you a working model. Fortunately there are trustworthy plugins that make this a lot easier. This video demonstrates how to use RigEdit by Arch_Mage, which is the same one I use.

How to make & rig R15 character in Roblox Studio [updated version, step by step] - YouTube

can you take a screenshot of the full rig model with most it’s parts.

Also the animation is most likely for a R15 character with much more parts. Old character models before R15 were R16. Every limb was a single part, rather than 3 parts that bends.

Animations made on R15 do not work on R6 and vise-versa, due to the parts difference

R15 Rig

R6 Rig

Capture
Capture2

That looks like R6, but I’m walking so I can’t confirm

Do you recommend buying RigEdit plus?

Not to fix a problem. No. But if you are going to do a lot of animation, it’s a reasonable buy.

You linked the model. When I get back to my computer, I will see what is and is not working on it.

Thank you very much, me and my team are very grateful!