Animations on AnimationController play broken looking animations

I’ve been experiencing a recent bug with animations using the AnimationController where the animations “break” and not every part moves. What happens is, on the client’s screen, animations play normally and look fine, but on the server, they appear broken and not every part moves the way it should. Examples include: only the legs move, or only the wings and head move and the other parts that should move, don’t move.

In this example, this person can see their animation playing fine on their own screen. They are supposed to be sitting down, but for me, their legs and body don’t move as they should and only their head moves, making the animation look weird.

This is what the swan sitting animation is supposed to look like:

This is a fairly recent problem, and I only started noticing it in my game since early November. Before, I never used to see this problem, and my scripts for playing animations haven’t changed.

I play animations using remote events. When the player presses the corresponding keys, an event fires from a Local script into a Server script that’s located inside each individual model, and the Server Script plays the animation. The animations are loaded onto the character on character selection using a Server script into an AnimationController (not Humanoid) that’s inside the model. I do not have an idle animation, the models don’t animate unless the character does an action.

So far my solution I’ve tried is to see if the events are firing correctly to the right player, and they are.
Another solution I tried was to see if the events may be firing more than once or if there is a script that is cloned or disabled, and I was unable to find any.

What could have caused this to happen? Is my problem not on my side but with events failing to replicate on other clients? The animations with this script used to work fine until just recently.

1 Like

Could you show an example of how your rig is set up and some properties of the animation that you’re trying to play? (speed, weight, priority, is only one animation being played or multiple at once?)

1 Like