Animations Refuse To Replicate Accurately

Hey,

I’ve been messing with animations for the past week and there’s something with the animation engine that I’m clearly just not getting.

I’ve got a default R6 rig and I’ve welded two claws to the torso (I’ve also tried welding the claws to the arms and animating it that way). No matter what I do, when the animation is played in game it animated unpredictably, making it impossible to make satisfying animations.

I’ve already made a post on here but didn’t quite get an answer, the suggestion was “Maybe your rig is twisted” but I’ve purposefully made sure every piece in the rig is facing the right way - that’s not the problem.

Why are the claws animating so unpredictably? How can I fix this?

2 Likes

How and where do you play the animation?

I’m playing the animation in a 1 player server.

Without all the fluff, I load the animation from ReplicatedStorage into the humanoid and then play it.

local newAnim = plr.Character.Humanoid:LoadAnimation(shstf:FindFirstChild(v))
			newAnim:Play()
			wait(newAnim.Length)
			wait(.5)

I will be using proper events rather than wait(newAnim.Length) later on, this is just for now.

I want to add two claws permanently to this character, allowing players to slash just by clicking (no tool). My current method is to add a motor6d with the base part being the torso and secondary part being the left claw and then one for the right claw. Would it be better to have a motor6d in the arms?

I belive that it may be because you are playing the animation on server. I’ve heard that animations on server can get messy and strange. Try doing it on local.

I feel like I’m getting closer to an answer, I was originally using “Join in Place” to create a weld for the claws. I’m now just using “Join” so that claws are welded to the centre of the torso (Hence why the claws fly to the centre at the end of the animation).

The animation is a lot closer to what I have in studio… But it isn’t what I have in studio.

Should my animation in-game look exactly like it does in studio, or should I expect these imperfections? I was thinking it should be near perfect. As you can see when the character raises his arm, the claw goes out of his arm in practice, but in studio it lines up just fine.

@Fenix7667

I belive that it may be because you are playing the animation on server. I’ve heard that animations on server can get messy and strange. Try doing it on local.

The animations are playing locally through a localscript in starter player.

You should play them on Client.

That should probably fix the issue.
When playing on Server, there can be problems with replication, looks like your problem.

@sebi210

You should play them on Client.

That should probably fix the issue.
When playing on Server, there can be problems with replication, looks like your problem.

They are playing on the client.

EDIT: I now realise what your previous question was asking about “how are you playing the animation” - I thought you meant how was I simulating the game.
All animations play through this script, once you click.

1 Like