Animations wont change

i have tried every solution i have seen on the devforum ive tried local scripts server scripts etc and i cannot get my walking or running animations to change at all no errors just doesnt work

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
		wait(3)
		char.Animate.walk.WalkAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://17284794770"
		char.Animate.run.RunAnim.AnimationId = "rbxassetid://17284794770"
	end)
end)
1 Like

have you tried getting the actual rblx default script and changining all the anim ids from there?

yes, ive also changed around the action / movement stuff aswell none of it is working and ive made sure the stuff in published where its useable in the game

I was talking about changing the ids in the script and the actual anims in the workspace.

yeah when i do that (edit the stuff in workspace too) my character has no amination at all

Is the game your running this in published?

yes i dont know if its published to the latest thing but it is published and saved up to the most recent thing

do you think you maybe need to wait longer? Like use WaitForChild for the humanoidrootpart and the animator

i checked the animations now and their the correct ids but they just are playing the old ones still so idk

You want to overwrite the only animations completely right?

1 Like

If you want to achieve this, you need to go in the script and pres the animations and change the IDS from there. If that still dosen’t work, you have to change it to PlayerChoice to Standard to overwrite.

thank you i finally got it i misunderstood some of the documentation but its working now

2 Likes