Animations work in studio but don't work in normal roblox

Hello, DevForum.
I’ve been making a sandbox game for about a few days now, but i’ve encountered an issue.
My viewmodel’s animations play fine in studio, but they don’t work in the normal roblox client.
Here are some screenshots:

Studio:
(ignore why i’m in third person and there’s a viewmodel, this is for testing lol)
Roblox Player:

If i could get a solution for this issue, i will be thankful.

I don’t think it’s a problem with AnimationTracks however, since i get no errors about AnimationClipProvider service in the roblox player console nor the studio console.

Help will be appreciated.

EDIT: I believe it’s an issue with roblox servers? Correct me if i’m wrong.

1 Like

You need to rig your animation correctly similar to how to rig it in your animation studio in order to play the animation properly.

1 Like

I rigged my viewmodel correctly, and i’ve animated it properly, i don’t know why my animations don’t work, as i’ve said earlier, they work in studio but not in the normal roblox player, i believe the version of roblox used in studio is the same as the roblox player, Correct me if i’m wrong.

1 Like

Random question. Is the game made by a user or group, and who owns the animation, the user, group?

This issue is often seen when the animation owners are not the same as the game owners. (Or atleast what I have experienced)

2 Likes

The game is owned by a group, and i own the group - i uploaded the animations

Doesn’t quite answer my question. As idk if you own the animation or the group owns it. But I am assuming not, unless told otherwise.

When you make an animation, it asks who makes it.

By default, It puts the creator as yourself. If you own the animation, not the group it will not work in the real deal. Doesn’t matter if your the owner of the group too, the animation has to be owned by the group, like this:

If you did do this, and it still acts weird, please let me know. I just know, that often when it works in studio, not in roblox, it often is a ownership issue, or coding issue. As roblox studio doesn’t care if it’s owned by you or group, roblox does though.

1 Like

Thanks for the solution - I always neglect the Creator dropdown, lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.