Animations work wonky as opposed to playing them on the Animation Editor

I have no clue if this is a random Weld issue I’m dealing with here, but whenever I tend to play Animations within Studio, they start to act un-smoothly when playing them originally on the Animation Editor, I have no clue what I’m exactly doing wrong here, nor if it’s cause of the AnimationPriority being overly numb again but here’s the 2 videos:

The first one works fine as it should on the Animation Editor, but when I go & play test it onto Studio:

It isn’t as smooth as shown on the Animation Editor, cause it kinda just stops halfway after I pull out the Pistol and yes I will provide everything that I have done to accommodate for the common issues:

• I used Motor6D's to properly weld it to the Tool’s Handle, parent it to the Character’s Right Arm, and removed the RightGrip whenever a Tool got equipped in the Character
  • The AnimationPriority is set to “Movement”
  • The Player’s Character is parented to the workspace
  • Yes, I have WeightedAnimationBlendFix disabled
local Hum = Char:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local RightArm = Char:WaitForChild("Right Arm")
local Motor

RightArm.ChildAdded:Connect(function(Child)
	task.wait(.1)

local ToolCheck = Char:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Tool")

if ToolCheck and Child.Name == "RightGrip" then
		Child:Destroy()

Motor = Instance.new("Motor6D")
		Motor.Part0 = RightArm
		Motor.Part1 = ToolCheck.Handle
		Motor.Parent = RightArm
	end
end)

RightArm.ChildRemoved:Connect(function(Child)
	if Motor then
		Motor:Destroy()
	end
end)
  • Char is literally just the Player’s Character, nothing else more

Any input I’d appreciate cause Welds are something that have affected my development ever since AnimationWeightedBlendFix became a thing

Was having same issues until i use C0 and C1 for motors and they seem to fix my issue somehow, why not try it too?.

Edit: What person said below said is true, make sure to check if animation priority is either to action or movement.

what is the animation priority set to? this can be the result of overlapping animations

The quote momento, it’s at least far away from the default Core animations I’ll tell you that much

Aren’t C0 & C1 properties just Offsets though? It wouldn’t make sense to create an Offset CFrame if the Pistol is already where I want it to be (I’m not changing much of its rotation to begin with, the Right Arm just follows the rest of the movement)

It’s worth a try though. Try using it and see if your issue is fixed if not, then it’s probably either due to your script handling/playing animations or the “Tool” itself.
Have you looked at this thread?

1 Like

Unfortunately changing the C0 & C1 properties did nothing, I mean worst case scenario I re-do the entire Animation again

I have before, but I think this might be more or less a Core ROBLOX issue cause I don’t think parenting the Motor6D onto the Torso would really change anything (And yes I have changed the AnimationPriority to Action, Action1, etc but still got the same result)

Supposedly remaking the Animation again fixed the issue, I’m honestly unsure why the case was but at least it’s fixed :sweat_smile:

For the time being I’ll temporary mark this as the solution

• The AnimationPriority is set to “Movement”

The default ‘Animate’ script uses a priority of ‘Movement’ for the ‘toolnone’ animation (default tool equip animation).

Even if I were to change the AnimationPriority, I’d still get the same result as I quoted before:

And no I don’t want to change the toolnone Animation for the way how my script is set up

The issue’s fixed either way, as it was probably just some random Weld glitch that originally caused it

You mentioned that recreating the animation in the editor fixed the issue (you possibly selected a different priority while in the editor).

Nah, I always had the AnimationPriority set to at least Movement or higher when I first originally uploaded it, it’s strange though how recreating it fixed it

Either way my issue has been resolved, so please don’t add any more to this topic unless if there’s a engine explanation for the reasoning of the Animation working differently inside Studio cause I know for sure I re-uploaded that multiple times setting it on Movement, or Action