AnimationTrack limit of 256 tracks for one Animator exceeded, new animations will not be played

I am getting the warning mentioned in the title in my console after running my place for a while (5 minutes) in studio. How do I even begin to debug this? I cannot click the warning to figure out where it is coming from.

Performance degrades very quickly for my place.

Be sure that you’re not loading the same animation for the same animator, if everytime you play it you load it, then check if the animation exists and if not then load it else play it without loading it.

local animation = nil

--code
if animation then
       --call function that plays it
else
      --load the animation and call the function
end

I can’t do this because I don’t know what scripts causing it, I guess I’m going to have to go on a hunt through all my scripts.

If you are loading animations multiple times in a low time space it will happen.
Also if you are doing it inside some loop or some scope that activates frequently, It would be better to load the animation outside any scope and then play it inside the loop.

show the code please,

anyways, I suggest putting the Animator:LoadAnimation(animation) outside of a loop so it can run fine

See the problem is that I don’t know what code is causing it i’d have to comb through my entire game.

More info is that it doesn’t happen in test mode or in the actual game run.

We cannot help without looking at your code. Open “Find All” page and search up :LoadAnimation.

2 Likes

omg i did not know this was a thing, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.