Animator Reaches 256 Tracks and No More are Played

A friend and I are currently working on a game in which a player can use various weapons to fight NPCs and other players. We have, however, run into a problem with the animations and the script used for them. I believe it is the official Roblox animation script we’ve got, but what I realized is that the tracks continue to build up and cannot be removed or cleared out. This is the local script: I have tried to manually remove the tracks via consoles on both the client and server, tamper with the animation script, and removing the animator itself, but have not succeeded. Tracks continue to build up, are unremovable, and eventually cause the 256 tracks limit error. I’ve looked through the Devforums, and found nothing that was answered or the exact issue.

The list of animation tracks playing:

(No image provided for the warnings.)

And here is the animation script, including the values:

Animate.rbxm (8.0 KB)

You should probably find out whatever is playing Animation1 in the first place. Also, for some animations in the animate script you need to set Looped to false.

1 Like

I’ll look through it. Thanks for the help, I’ll see if anything is changed and let you know what happens.

Solution became messing around with the script and having it use the animation tracks it tried to destroy instead of loading new ones. Took a while to find the issue, and even longer to find out there was a super simple solution to it.

1 Like

It actually might’ve been this that was causing the problem:
R6 animations sometimes do not load in or play (been happening in most r6 games today) - Bug Reports / Engine Bugs - DevForum | Roblox

1 Like

Yeah, I reckon that may be it. Loaded animation tracks were probably just updated and can no longer be deleted. The solution seems to be finding a means of loading them only once, and the games that do not experience it could have an animation script that loads an animation but one time, attempting to delete nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.